You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

My Lithium Rack

I had been pricing around server racks for my lithium batteries. Seems they want part of your leg along with a mortgage application to buy one of these thin metal Chinese made things. After much mulling it around, I decided to make one. I visited my favorite steel supplier in Phoenix and went shopping in their "Remnants" section where metal is sold by the pound. I spent $47 for the framing and another $75 for the honey comb screen to make the doors. I started Friday morning and wrapped it up today. Happy Easter by the way! I built it in modular sections so I can handle transport and installation on my own. It is loaded in the Jeep for tomorrow's trip to the Powder coat shop. I love how solid it is and is the look I was after. Front door is about 4" away from the front of the battery posts and the door has no way of swinging in too far as I welded in some stops in case heavy items crash into the front of the doors. There will still be room in the bay for folding chairs and such.

www.industrialmetalsupply.com

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Nice !

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Simon that is some nice fabrication work! If you do all 6 you'll have 30,7200 watt hour all you need is the flux capacitors to travel in time. I love pictures.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

I dropped off rack at powder coat shop this morning and they had it ready by noon. It is installed and waiting for three more batteries and permanent wiring. In the meantime, I lost front and middle a/c units. Not sure what to do at this point other than put in my portable units for the summer and call it good. Waiting on Marie to come home and hold the wrench while I get under to tighten the rack bolts.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Looks good. Who do you use for powder coating?

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Wow Simon
As usual I'm in awe of your skills. I have the equipment in my shop, but my work never turns out this nice.
Well done!!

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea

Jim, I use Custom Coaters of Mesa. I used to drive out to Glendale powder coating but they are really far from my house. This place does a really nice job. Husband and wife team.

Thanks John! I am far from perfect, but I know how to hide defects very well Wink You can only get better by doing more.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Thanks, that turnaround time is darn good!

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

I believe many businesses are falling slow myself included. Not sure what is next up for us. Many may say they are busy but I find that to be false. We have been slow since December. Powder coat shop was always busy with a 1-2week turnaround. They are struggling to get the "gate" jobs in and are doing small Harley parts and the occasional aluminum patio chair.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Batteries are all wired in. Waiting on a fuse before I can do final testing.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312