You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What is this air switch??

I’ve been hunting down air supply leaks and found this.
It is at the top of the front air supply tank on the engine side.
It has 2-3/8” air lines, suspected switch at the top with wires.

I would like to know what it is and how to refer to it while looking for replacement part.

1999 Newell 45’ with tag 2 slides #505, Newton

I think I have the same leaking pressure switch. Newell told me that the switch lights the dashboard light to indicate low air pressure.
I got a new one from Newell and will be replacing soon when I get under the coach to run some additional wiring in the same area.

Bingo, low air switch. Get one set at 60 psi.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(05-08-2023, 07:16 PM)Thekrents15 Wrote:  I’ve been hunting down air supply leaks and found this.
It is at the top of the front air supply tank on the engine side.
It has 2-3/8” air lines, suspected switch at the top with wires.

I would like to know what it is and how to refer to it while looking for replacement part.

Did you use soap water to find the leak?

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

Yes after my wanding with my infinicon “sniffer”
Alerted me to the leak. After repositioning to the back side of the drive axel I hosed all of the connections, hoses and parts up there and the switch had several leaks. Interesting my old ears could hear a leak, but I couldn’t locate it until I soaked it down. Then it started to gurgle, and was easy to find.

1999 Newell 45’ with tag 2 slides #505, Newton