You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Valid leveling system help needed

I need some help/advice. I have 2004 coach #697 with Valid Trueline leveling. On our last driving leg, the system indicated that it has "lost communication" with the rear sensors. Got to the park we are staying at okay, but could not level the coach using the Valid pad. Site is *fairly* level so are living with it. Right rear side sat down almost all the way. I called Valid - the tech wants to try to do some diagnostics on the sensor module. I have jacked up the right rear, I can see where the sensor is, but not sure I can get to it. I have tried resetting the system, still shows the fault and won't allow any action for the rear of the coach. We are in Colorado, just outside of Gunnison - about 1000 miles from home city. Have an appointment with Newell in Oklahoma in about 2 weeks for some other issues, but need to be able to get it there. Looking for any advice or if anyone knows any tech near our location that could help. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jim and Jeanette Hackett
2004 Newell Coach #697
Quad Slide, 46'8", Steerable Tag, Detroit Diesel DDEC 60
Toad: 2018 Ford Expedition

I cannot help with a tech but here is a Valid Service Manual that may give some insight.

Attached Files
.pdf Levelling Service Manual VTL05M001-SM.pdf Size: 3.78 MB  Downloads: 19

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

i would be very surprised if you can find a valid tech. i think they are far and few between.

hopefully you can get it figured out

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Hypoxia - thanks for the link. My control pad works slightly differently. I found the instructions for overriding the control panel. I tried to force into Travel Height, but it wouldn't work since it is not communicating with the rear. I can force the front, but nothing at the rear.
Encantotom - that's very true! Valid has said they can talk an RV tech through some troubleshooting if they can get to the sensor. I may have to try myself, but my age and arthritic knees make it tough. I have lifted it enough to be able to see the connecting rod and sensor arm at the front of the wheel well, but not sure I can get to the actual sensor. I know Valid works with Spartan chassis, so I wonder if any Spartan techs would be able to help...

Jim and Jeanette Hackett
2004 Newell Coach #697

Jim,

I am sure that you are aware, but this is just a caring reminder to crib or support the coach in a safe manner before putting yourself in any space where you could be pinched or crushed. After all, you would be tinkering with the system that raises and lowers the coach.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Hi Richard,
That's a good point. I probably should have mentioned that I do have it cribbed, and leaving the jack as extra insurance.

Jim and Jeanette Hackett
2004 Newell Coach #697