You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Brackets for corners of slide

I was asked by Richard if I had made these brackets to prevent the top of the slide from leaning to far inward and I said I did not and didn't all Newells have them and of course he said no but not a bad idea. Since then a few people have noticed pictures of them on some other thread and have asked about them, all I can say is they work and it makes it easy for the locking pins to align with the holes. I digitized the bracket and created a DXF file for anyone who wants to take to a waterjet shop and have them cut out of 1/4" aluminum plate or you can buy some plate and cut out with a jig saw like these have been cut. 

Well you'll have to email me to get the file, I can't upload it here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

How big is the file and what exact extension and I will add it so you can upload it here

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

i added .dxf and 10mb files as ok to upload.

tom

Thanks Tom! Its a small file.

Attached Files
.dxf slide bracket2.dxf Size: 25.71 KB  Downloads: 9

Gravette, Arkansas

Just a quick heads up. I was all worked up to install these. And then I realized they only work if you DO NOT have slide toppers. A similar idea but mounted on the side at the top, and not in the corner would work with the slide toppers.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

forum is not letting it download. looking at why.

tom

all is well with it now. it can be dcownloaded

tom

i sent the file to the guy who has done lots of work for me. he quoted 70 bucks apiece for them. i was surprised it was so high

tom

Tom I would shop around, I would have done all six of them for that price. I imagine four of them would probably be about 50 bucks since they're not having to do any of the drawing it'd be pretty easy to do.

Gravette, Arkansas

that did count the materials for what that is worth

tom