You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1994 Newell coach

Hello, I am looking at a used 1994 tag axle coach. 90k miles, 60 series Detroit (yes 60 series). No slides. Sun light leaked at one point but was repaired. There also appeared to be active or prior water damage above the passenger headliner nearest the windshield. I noticed wood rot. 

Currently the batteries are dead but the owner states it will run. Batteries are newer Dekas. Yep We plan to jump it when I return. 

Interior is 8/10 with the water related issues above being the noticeable problems. 

Exterior, there is mild corrosion with about a 3/8” hole in the rear body panel / paint peel along with bubbling in the same panel area. 

There are many unknowns until the unit is up and running. It’s sat about 8-10 years. 

Tires are like new, but they are older. 

What kind of value do you folks see in something like I am describing? It’s a gorgeous coach overall.

I have combed through all the original paperwork including maintenance records from the first owner and limited from the current and second owner. No significant issues.

Personally, I would have an inspection done so you know what possible hidden issues such as suspension bushings, airbags and the like may be present. If it is showing signs of corrosion perforations on the exterior, I would bet the steel underneath is also rotted. Check under the water bay areas. There is spray foam that hides alot of possible rot. I think there is one similar in year going for 45k. These things like to be ran then sat. Sitting just kills them.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Thank you BusNit appreciate the feedback. I was considering an inspection. In its current state much would be “as is”.

(06-16-2023, 04:15 PM)Greece Wrote:  Thank you BusNit appreciate the feedback. I was considering an inspection. In its current state much would be “as is”.

Having an inspection is more so you know what you are buying than expecting the seller to fix what is found but can give you justification for your offer and negotiation. It is after all an almost 30 years old so things will need to be serviced/updated/replaced

If you can do the work yourself, this forum will become your best friend.
If you need to hire someone to do all of thevwork wanted/needed then you need to plan accordingly 
The most important thing is find what will fulfill your mission needs/wants and know what you can and cannot do

Good luck in whatever you decide

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463
Williamsburg, VA or Gettysburg, PA 
depending on what day it is

35k-50k
All depends on condition, would have to see pictures. I can get a mint 1993 for 40k. The way you describe, sounds like it needs some work. Finding a coach in Great shape pushing 60k mark. Just some real numbers

Just missed a 1995 excellent condition, asking price $62k

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks

385 is for sale
Photos posted 
I can tell you everything it needs

Georgeb
Coach 385
Toad Mini Cooper 

What are the details of coach 385? Do you have a link?

Karl and Lisa G.
Coach #385
Toad - Not ready for that yet Confused

60 series… good dates on tires
New turbo..new radiator

Georgeb
Coach 385
Toad Mini Cooper 

What are you looking to get for 385? How many miles?

(06-19-2023, 01:25 PM)Georgeb Wrote:    

60 series… good dates on tires
New turbo..new radiator

Price, location, more pictures, details

Karl and Lisa G.
Coach #385
Toad - Not ready for that yet Confused