You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Broke Down in Connecticut

Transmission Code P2714, will drive in 1st gear only.  Wiring seems OK, unplugged transmission wiring, no bent pins, etc.  There is an Allison approved shop in Bridgeport about 10 miles away.  We'll plan to start at daybreak Sunday.  It will do about 15 MPH.

Anyone with a magical solution?  If a parts place had the speed sensor I'd try that.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Jim, you are a savvy guy so I am sure you have found something similar. https://f01.justanswer.com/diesel3153/69...n_2714.pdf

Just stupid stuff, but have you checked the fluid level with pad?

And have you cycled it from F to R a few times?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(06-17-2023, 02:14 PM)Richard Wrote:  Jim, you are a savvy guy so I am sure you have found something similar. https://f01.justanswer.com/diesel3153/69...n_2714.pdf

Just stupid stuff, but have you checked the fluid level with pad?

And have you cycled it from F to R a few times?
Richard, I checked it at the pad and the dipstick.  I also discovered it will not go in reverse and that gave a P0894 code.  I do have the manual.  I have cycled it.

Tomorrow, Sunday, we plan to do a sunrise run to Bass Pro, Bridgeport, CT down I-95 which should be an interesting 16 miles.  There is an Allison Certified shop there.  Hopefully they work on Monday.  Hopefully the traffic will have subsided.  Hopefully it doesn't turn into a Bed & Breakfast trip to Bar Harbor with the pickup. Angel

Jim

Jim -

It may be of little help given the age difference of our coaches, but I had a similar experience (wouldn't go into gear, throwing lots of transmission codes) and it turned out to be the accident avoidance (Vorad) CPU going bad and corrupting the J1939 bus. The ridiculously simple resolution (reached after expenditure of several weeks and AMUs) was to unplug the Vorad CPU - it had nothing to do with the transmission itself. Jimmy from Newell service diagnosed the issue/resolution. I hope you find a similarly simple resolution.

R/S,

db

2008 C-15/ZF12
Towing Jeep Gladiator (BluOx/AirForce)

(06-17-2023, 06:30 PM)Sea Note Wrote:  Jim -

It may be of little help given the age difference of our coaches, but I had a similar experience (wouldn't go into gear, throwing lots of transmission codes) and it turned out to be the accident avoidance (Vorad) CPU going bad and corrupting the J1939 bus.  The ridiculously simple resolution (reached after expenditure of several weeks and AMUs) was to unplug the Vorad CPU - it had nothing to do with the transmission itself.  Jimmy from Newell service diagnosed the issue/resolution. I hope you find a similarly simple resolution.

R/S,
Thanks.  I had Vorad in my last coach and loved it!  Unfortunately not installed in this coach.  I hope to find some speed sensors availability to try before relinquishing it to anyone.  What better time for failure than a holiday weekend just outside of NYC!

db

Jim

Anyone have part numbers for a 2012 manufacture date Allison 4000MH Output Speed Sensor and also the Turbine Speed Sensor?

Jim

(06-17-2023, 01:05 PM)hypoxia Wrote:  Transmission Code P2714, will drive in 1st gear only.  Wiring seems OK, unplugged transmission wiring, no bent pins, etc.  There is an Allison approved shop in Bridgeport about 10 miles away.  We'll plan to start at daybreak Sunday.  It will do about 15 MPH.

Anyone with a magical solution?  If a parts place had the speed sensor I'd try that.

Hello Jim,
Hope y'all made it safe to BassPro. I am not sure if you have this Allison troubleshooting guide so attaching it here. Pages 6.7 and 6.315 to 6.317 have details on the P2714 code. Hope this is helpful.

Paul

Attached Files
.pdf 4gen.pdf Size: 9.64 MB  Downloads: 10

Paul and Angi
Addie and Scout (our GSP pups)
2007 Coach #1202
2020 Gladiator toad

Thanks Paul, I found a parts manual which references 29543435 Turbine Speed Sensor and 29544139 Output Speed Sensor (Dorman 904-7366) for my transmission serial number. No availability today from the parts houses that are open. Tomorrow should bear more fruit.

We were on I-95 at 4:30 this morning and are enjoying our temporary Bass Pro campsite. It was 3 lanes which left lots of room for other traffic as we zoomed along at 18 MPH.

Jim

Changed transmission filters today.  Fluid was dirty but smelled normal.  Quite a collection of small metal fragments in the bottom of the drain pan.  Getting availability for a replacement transmission.

Transmission has 59,000 miles and Newell replaced the filters and 7 gallons of fluid 20,000 miles ago.  I've driven it 10,000 in the last year.

Jim

Uh oh, sorry to hear this.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )