You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coach Handling Blow_out

Ran across this regarding Blow-Outs..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkwOE1yKY5c

Other methods????

Jimmy

Thanks for that video, it is very informative. I knew not to step on the brake but found stepping on the fuel pedal interesting. Sure hope I never have to use this info, but glad I saw it.

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

I feel that if we maintain tire pressure and age limitations, it will mitigate this happening, but stuff happens!... so good to have this in your backpocket ...

Have a friend with a big Monaco that experienced a blow out on the L/F which caused a swerve and took out the R/F tire and into a gaurd rail, totaly destroyed the coach.. luckly bumps and bruising all survived... He hit the brakes.... His steer tires were 5 years old..

Jimmy

FYI: I've had two left front blow outs in 33 years of coach ownership. Both tires were under 3 years old and tire pressures had been checked in the morning. Although I've seen a similar video for truckers, it is a good refresher! Thanks Jimmy.....................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I blew out an almost new Toyo front tire doing 70 on I-10. Wish I had seen this video beforehand. While there was minimal damage, no one hit me, did not roll, but may not be so lucky the next time.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica