You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New Coach Insurance

Just for information's sake, I just insured #369 (1994) 45' for $60k agreed value, full coverage.  $2500 deductible comp/collision, $0 glass deductible.  100/300 liability. $1130/year.  I'm in GA.

1994 Newell Coach# 369

Who was the insurance company?

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Sorry, Progressive.

1994 Newell Coach# 369

How do you get to an agreed value. I do not see an option for this on line.

Karl and Lisa G.
Coach #385
Toad - Not ready for that yet Confused

(08-11-2023, 06:52 AM)khgeisler Wrote:  How do you get to an agreed value.  I do not see an option for this on line.

I think some of this could vary by state.  In MO I’ve yet to find an agreed value policy.  One carrier had a quasi agreed value for a significant increase in premium, but they still acted like it would be fair market value so it made no sense.

Have also noticed premiums vary HUGE by state.   I know some guys with 150-200k Prevosts paying $600ish via State Farm.  Drives me nuts to see that kind of variance for something that is mobile, but they are loving it.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Momma says insurance is like a box of chocolates

State farm is doing me righteous based in Virginia, he warned me that basing in Pennsylvania rates would skyrocket

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463
Williamsburg, VA or Gettysburg, PA 
depending on what day it is

(08-12-2023, 06:38 AM)Jonestead Wrote:  Momma says insurance is like a box of chocolates

State farm is doing me righteous based in Virginia, he warned me that basing in Pennsylvania rates would skyrocket

I have never found State Farm to be reasonable on anything.  But, I did find a firm that rights a Progressive policy with an agreed value for a 1995 Newell, all with the highest limits and lowest deductibles.  Geico, who writes my auto and home, rights a policy thru Foremost and was way of the mark for a cash value policy at the lowest limits, and highest deductables.

Karl and Lisa G.
Coach #385
Toad - Not ready for that yet Confused

I have two quotes coming for my 312. I am looking for 100k agreed value. First one came through from Thum insurance who is using Progressive at $1767 annual. 250/500 liability. I think that’s pretty good for AZ where insurance costs are high. I am currently paying $680 a year with AmFam but I’m sure if there was a loss they’d cut me a check for 20k. What do you guys think? Generally Marie and I buy once and keep for years. I guess insurance is something we need to check on annually due to constant hidden increase in premiums.

The other insurance is a local one with Safeco who also uses Progressive. Seems not many insurers are doing large RVs…

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Thats who we are with I couldn't find a better rate, I think we are 100K for $1400 can't remember exact amount.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

AZ used to be fairly inexpensive for insurance. Too many non-insured and thefts going across the border means the honest and no claims on record guys like us, get to pay for the rest.

I still haven't received the quote from the local insurer who I know uses Progressive as well.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312