You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tires for #490 TiresDirect.net

So I just received my delivery of tires from TiresDirect.net. It was a bit of a gamble but had no issues and tires are pretty new, not old stock. 16 and 17th weeks of 2023, so April of this year.
These were for the Newell, so I had to order (2) 315/80R22.5s for the front, I ended up going with Toyo M144 load range L. The Newell has an 18k front axle. The (6) rear are 11R24.5s and I went with the Toyo M170 load range H.

Prices
315's $569.99 plus $55.47 FET each
11Rs  $390.99 plus $29.39 FET each
Shipping for all 8 tires was $393.30 and they shipped Fed Ex right to the house, dropped with a lift gate truck.

Total was $4,377.70 (not including installation)

My local tire guy will mount them for $35 a tire. Rough place in a rough part of town but they do a good job.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

Thanks for sharing this! I just ordered our coach front tires from National Tire Concierge - great experience and shoud have them next week. They didn’t have the 11Rs for the rear/tag so I’ll give this company a call to see when they can get some to me… NTC indicated they have a hard time finding 11Rs and they were discontinued but that may only be Michelin…

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

(08-04-2023, 07:14 PM)pairodice Wrote:  Thanks for sharing this!  I just ordered our coach front tires from National Tire Concierge - great experience and shoud have them next week.  They didn’t have the 11Rs for the rear/tag so I’ll give this company a call to see when they can get some to me… NTC indicated they have a hard time finding 11Rs and they were discontinued but that may only be Michelin…
Yea, I am not sure this company even carries Michelin. I am not a fan personally, have had issues with them and sidewall cracking that they would not stand behind. This was on very expensive crane tires, same tires other brands no cracking but Michelin said the tire was not properly cared for. Maybe the softer compounds cause this, not sure, but they should at least acknowledge that its a problem. I get the ride quality, I prefer a softer ride. Many of the Wanderlodge folks have gone to these Toyos and lots of miles and good experiences. 
FYI all the tires I received were manufactured in Japan, just for those that would like to know. Personally I prefer that over China.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1998 Newell 2000 #490

Uummm...still wrong address
How was your maiden voyage?

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463
Williamsburg, VA or Gettysburg, PA 
depending on what day it is

Adrian,
I have been having real good experience on Yokohama 11R 24.5 load range H.

Jeff, for the folks that want Michelin brand tires, NTCS, Dave Ward in Florida, is the source, period. A Newell friend recently ask his long time tire dealer friend for Michelin prices, Dave was $2000 less. Plus Dave signs you up to Michelin On Call, a road side service for Michelin brand tires that will have your size tire at your coach in 2 hours at the NTCS price, not retail.

If one prefers Tokyo or other brand tires, that is fine. But no dealer can find and price Michelin tires like Dave at NTCS.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Finally go around to getting my Toyos mounted today. Took them down to my local tire guy, Jabo, not a fancy place but they get the job done. 
Got them back and I wanted to buff the wheels while they were off the bus. So I ended up buffing the wheels, cleaning the tires.
I cleaned the wheels with McKees 37 wheel cleaner, cleaned the tires with their tire and rubber rejuvenator.
Cleaned the wheels with Bling after buffing, this helps get them clean and gets all the buffing residue off the wheels. Then I put a layer of Shark Hide on t them, and then Ceramic wheel coating, again from McKees.
I also put ceramic tire coating on the tires from McKees. I got the bundle pack from them. Big Grin

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1998 Newell 2000 #490

Those look new.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Looks good, and when you have the wheels off the coach IS the best time to buff them.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(09-24-2023, 03:19 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  Those look new.

Thanks, it was a bit of work. My back is still recovering. 
Had a fight with my air dryer today.. it just about won...

(09-24-2023, 07:02 AM)Richard Wrote:  Looks good, and when you have the wheels off the coach IS the best time to buff them.

Thanks Richard.. hoping they stay that way for a while... at least I hope they will be easy to clean. We will see how it goes. Yes they are definitely easier to clean off, I have done them on and it was not fun to do the drives around the hub.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1998 Newell 2000 #490