You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Alignment checked but not sure

I brought our coach to a local place to have them align it since they 1) would work on coaches, 2) had a full alignment rack to do the front and back of the coach.  After the alignment ($360) they said the dual/tags are not adjustable (welded) and adjusted the front according to the documents attached.  I’m not sure if the back can be adjusted but I’m prepared to crawl under the coach and figure this out.  I will be taking it to another local shop that American Tire Concierge recommended (HIGHLY recommend their service!) and will see what they say when they align the wheels after the install of the tires… I should have just waited for the alignment until I got the tires but it’s money well spent if it means I find a good shop to work on the front end locally.  Will let you know what I find out and how the service works out the end of next week. If you guys have a minute please let me know what these settings should be and if you agree with their assessment. Will add the other alignment specs when I go next week. I just want this beast to ride like it used to and not eat tires…

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

(08-04-2023, 07:22 PM)pairodice Wrote:  I brought our coach to a local place to have them align it since they 1) would work on coaches, 2) had a full alignment rack to do the front and back of the coach.  After the alignment ($360) they said the dual/tags are not adjustable (welded) and adjusted the front according to the documents attached.  I’m not sure if the back can be adjusted but I’m prepared to crawl under the coach and figure this out.  I will be taking it to another local shop that American Tire Concierge recommended (HIGHLY recommend their service!) and will see what they say when they align the wheels after the install of the tires… I should have just waited for the alignment until I got the tires but it’s money well spent if it means I find a good shop to work on the front end locally.  Will let you know what I find out and how the service works out the end of next week. If you guys have a minute please let me know what these settings should be and if you agree with their assessment.  Will add the other alignment specs when I go next week.  I just want this beast to ride like it used to and not eat tires…
I know the drive is adjustable, its a ridewell set up. I have looked under there and its exactly the same as my Wanderlodge. You do have to cut the welds on the locking plates to adjust the them. Its the same on the front of a Wanderlodge. I cannot speak to the tag, I have looked at it cursory, but not sure about the adjustment or who made it. I am sure some of the other Gurus here know.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

The tag axle may not be adjustable but I can assure you it has a major influence on the drivability of the coach, our tag axle bushings were shot and it was like driving on ice till we had them replaced and it became a new coach. I also bought a panhard bar but mine had been recently replaced so someone prior to my ownership battled the steering problems without success until we replace the tag axle bushings.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Tag is adjustable. Jeff is correct on the drive.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Our coach drives fine to me but I am taking it to another shop and will pay (again) to verify what I need - if they say the same about the tie rods then I will replace them.
Will let you know end of week how it goes.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40