You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thank you /new member

Thank you letting me join this group.  Some of you will know who I am by just the user name.  Newell coach #567.  My knowledge of generators extends to flipping the switch to turn it on, but I can refer you to someone who is an expert.  Looking forward to seeing post especially about any upcoming rallies.

Susan

Susan Rice
Coach 567
Williamsport OH

Welcome to the group. You will find that everyone to a person will be glad to help you with you're questions. Can you tell the group a bit about your RV experience and background?

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

(08-13-2023, 04:49 PM)Latitude 28 Wrote:  Welcome to the group.  You will find that everyone to a person will be glad to help you with you're questions.  Can you tell the group a bit about your RV experience and background?

Just a little bit more information - I'm Gordon Jones' partner and have been in this coach since day one when he acquired it.  That was in 2010.  We pretty much full time in this coach from April - November. Gordon does a great job keeping all the mechanical issues resolved.  I'm the "gopher"!  I've become quite creative in utilizing storage space and trying to keep everything in the cabinets when we are on the road.  I enjoy going to the Newell Rallies and meeting new friends. Gordon and I do a lot of entertaining at the race venues we attend.  We like sports cars and open wheel races.  I have driven the coach in Missouri on the way to the Newell factory, only about an hour.  To me it was very  intimidating.  I would rather me the passenger/navigator.

Susan Rice
Coach 567
Williamsport OH

Welcome

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

(08-14-2023, 01:31 PM)bestgenwomanNOT Wrote:  
(08-13-2023, 04:49 PM)Latitude 28 Wrote:  Welcome to the group.  You will find that everyone to a person will be glad to help you with you're questions.  Can you tell the group a bit about your RV experience and background?

Just a little bit more information - I'm Gordon Jones' partner and have been in this coach since day one when he acquired it.  That was in 2010.  We pretty much full time in this coach from April - November. Gordon does a great job keeping all the mechanical issues resolved.  I'm the "gopher"!  I've become quite creative in utilizing storage space and trying to keep everything in the cabinets when we are on the road.  I enjoy going to the Newell Rallies and meeting new friends. Gordon and I do a lot of entertaining at the race venues we attend.  We like sports cars and open wheel races.  I have driven the coach in Missouri on the way to the Newell factory, only about an hour.  To me it was very  intimidating.  I would rather me the passenger/navigator.

Susan,
I am a little slow on the dot connections.  Doris and I met you and Gordon during the mini rally at Tom Sawyer RV park last year.  Doris has not driven our coach at all....she is intimidated by the size of it as well.  I have told her that if something happens to me while we are on a trip, call 1-800-gurus:-)

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

And she is a good cook !!!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Howdy Susan, Gordon and I chat from time to time he is a true gearhead like me, hope to meet you someday soon. We also like sports cars, we are at Monterey now for the beginning of car week.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Welcome Susan. We met a couple years ago when I came to buy some stuff out of Gordon’s shop.
Dean Stoops aka Hoosierdaddy.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Welcome Aboard Susan.

Natalie hasn't and probably wont drive this RV. She has driven our first class A and pulled our first 5er. The second 5er and this is too big for her. I too told her that if anything happens to me there are Guru's who would step up to the plate and get her and the coach home.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Welcome Susan
Next time you're at Miami contact Glen, one of the drivers, and set up a driving session for your wife. He did with Cindy and spent all day with her. After that she had the confidence to drive our Newell towing our truck. He told her each day we drive to spend at least 1 hour driving to keep her confidence and skills up.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337