You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

airbag part number

looking to see if anyone might know the firestone or goodyear part number for this airbag. it goes on the front of coach 480  98 model
newell sent me this one and its not the correct bag, actually the bag is correct just the air inlet is the larger size.  so been trying to find some locally so I dont have to wait.

newell sent me this bag which is part number 712040  firestone number w01-358-9200  this is the wrong bag due to air inlet size

old bag I took out is attached

Adam & Dana Mize
coach # 480
1998 45'  2 slides
Detroit Diesel  series 60   turned up to 745 hp  

(09-05-2023, 12:05 PM)rvguy Wrote:  looking to see if anyone might know the firestone or goodyear part number for this airbag. it goes on the front of coach 480  98 model
newell sent me this one and its not the correct bag, actually the bag is correct just the air inlet is the larger size.  so been trying to find some locally so I dont have to wait.

newell sent me this bag which is part number 712040  firestone number w01-358-9200  this is the wrong bag due to air inlet size

old bag I took out is attached

To my knowledge that is the current bag being used.  You just need to reduce it down at the fitting to connect.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Brad is correct.

The rest of the story is this, with the reduced air inlet the ping tanks that Newell incorporated into the frame to reduce the spring rate are now WORTHLESS. Without the large ID line between the bag and the tank, the air flow is extremely restricted making the ping tank moot. So instead of cobbling some frankenplumbing to go from the 1 “ existing hose to the little hole on the airbag, find the airline from the six pack that feeds the ping tank, take it loose and plumb the airbag directly to that line.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I’m working on that on 316 at the moment. More info coming .

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I ended up ordering front axle bags from Newell for 316. It appears that they are a different part # but we were faced with the same dilemma regarding the smaller air fitting. My coach was in the shop on jack stands. Chris , my mechanic used adapters to run DOT approved 3/8” hose to the ping tank. The thought is that the value of the ping tank is minimized with the smaller fittings but it is in great condition and provided for easier plumbing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.