You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Leather Cleaning & Conditioning

It took a small herd of cattle to make the interior of a Newell.  What is the easiest way to maintain the leather?  What products?  I gave some thought to hiring it out when in Mexico next month.  At the moment I'm using Weiman Leather Conditioning Wipes as they are easy when travelling.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

I like Lexol. I use the cleaner and the conditioner. I have also used Nuvinyl. It is good for protecting vinyl and leather. I followed your link to Weimans products. I've never used them but they seem to be serious about their line as well.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I, too, trust Lexol; both cleaner and conditioner.

I’ve used Adam’s Leather conditioner as well but Lexol is kind of “it” when it comes to high-grade furniture/leather care.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but in addition to cleaning and conditioning.. How about color math repair? Maybe a decent kit to fix rub spots?

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

I use Luxol also on my cars, bought a gallon of each which might have been a little overkill.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

(09-07-2023, 06:49 PM)Wanderman Wrote:  Not meaning to hijack this thread, but in addition to cleaning and conditioning.. How about color math repair? Maybe a decent kit to fix rub spots?

I believe Richard posted about doing this, but I can’t remember the name of the company.  Results were pretty solid if I remember correctly.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

While I was at Newell, they had a Vendor "Dr. Vinyl." Did a decent Job, it's mostly undetectable, but was pretty expensive and didn't really listen to what was asked. Several areas that were promised to be done, weren't. And when pointed out, price inflated dramatically.

I watched the process, and believe i can finish the remaining spots for far less (as it was mainly a labor oriented job) At this point looking for the kit to be able to produce good results.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

It looks like Lexol is the most popular. I did everything except the ceiling with the Weiman product I had. I also saw a 303 leather cleaning product available but haven't looked at it yet. Seems like 303 is popular with its other products.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Lexol is some great stuff. I have used it on saddles and tack for many years. Just be aware, repeated applications can slowly cause the color to darken.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

I have had success using this product. You have to send them a small sample to match.

http://www.leatherique.com/

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )