You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What is this manifold? air leak I need to fix

I have a pretty good air leak fron a hose fitting on this manifold and before I remove the bad fitting I want to know what it supplies. It has 7 hoses, 1 in 6 out.
I am at a camp ground and the 120 pump runs every 2 minutes for 10 seconds. I am sure I am popular at 2 am!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2006 Newell #760
Cat 625
ZF 12

I think that is simply a manifold. Those blasted push on connectors weren’t helped by the sharp bends of tubing going into them. If I were fixing one, I would replace ALL of them with DOT compression fittings.

And of course, ensure the coach is supported by cribbing or jack stands before touching anything.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Curious as to where that manifold is located? Probably the camera, but those air lines look huge.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Crap, stupid push-to-connects!

I've done a couple videos on the process of finding the leaky buggers and replacing them with the DOT COMPRESSION Fittings from McMaster-CARR. I've made a nice list with all the links for guys to order easily.  I'll attach the pdf to this post.

EVERY one of those, ESPECIALLY THE SWIVEL versions are prone to failure at some point. The compression, OTOH, will be the last fitting you and I ever will need.

Here's the video...
https://youtu.be/_Z15V0CGS1Q

Attached Files
.pdf Air Fittings List, McMaster PDF.pdf Size: 55.58 KB  Downloads: 36

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Captain,
Any recommendation as to how many of each type to order? Both for a revamp and to have some spares??

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

My personal preference is to use street elbows which are available in 90 and 45 degrees. Then you can use straight fittings to the air line without the interference problems of a 90 degree fitting. I also use Loctite 561 thread sealant, expensive but worth it IMHO.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

(09-09-2023, 10:42 AM)Wanderman Wrote:  Captain,
Any recommendation as to how many of each type to order? Both for a revamp and to have some spares??

Unfortunately, what my coach has would differ from your's quite a bit.  I stopped counted, to be honest.

Instead, I just made and inventory of each "grouping" of fittings, looking at which ones I could get to right away.

For my coach, the biggest gathering of fittings needing attention were:
 - the compressor bay...BE SURE YOU TEST WHILE RUNNING since some of the lines aren't under pressure until then.
 - the rear air bay with the doubler, manifold, shop air fitting, backup charger...over 2 dozen fittings in that neck-breaking compartment!
 - air tanks and brake manifolds under coach!

and misc areas that have leaked (and easy to get to as well)
 - the BODE door mechanism
 - engine compressor
 - air-ride seat

Then, I ordered pretty much 2 of each type/size so I'd have an emergency fitting for the ones I haven''t replaced.

In total, I ordered over 2 dozen fittings. If you'd like to see my actual receipts, just drop me a PM.

In terms of the suggestion to use a Street Ell, I'm in the camp of the LESS FITTINGS I have, the better off I am.  Therefore, I use a single brass 90º when possible.  And, anytime I see a reducer, I first try to find a single fitting that covers the reduction, rather than stepping it down a couple times.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA