You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Pre Newell rally only 56 miles from Newell

Kathleen and I have discussed this and three days prior to the Newell rally which would be the 6th to the 8th of October the weather permitting we would like to have a pre rally here at our home on our property it would include a car show, cookout for two nights one night on us the other would be potluck. We have 15 acres of near level pasture and this is where the weather could be an issue I have no problem driving my coach on it but if we were to get a rain that could be an issue so this is where we need to keep an eye on the weather prior to the event. First of October here in Northwest Arkansas is genuinely beautiful and there are many activities that you can do during the daytime in Bentonville like Crystal Bridges and many restaurants and over 40 miles of bike trails paved bike trails. The Newell rally will take off on the 9th and it's an easy drive from here to Grove Oklahoma. As far as accommodations are home will be open but you'll have to run your generators bring a full bag of water and pack your black water out.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

How very generous of you. Looks like slot of fun and fellowship that we unfortunately will be missing. Thank you for doing this

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463
Williamsburg, VA or Gettysburg, PA 
depending on what day it is

PM me your address. We can try to make it for a day/night. Marie has a tight work schedule and has to be at work but we can see if we leave one day early. Would love to meet you at the very least! You can text me as well. Four eight zero 818 two 101

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Arch maybe another time. Sad Simon my address is 1304 NW Main St, Gravette, AR 72736. If your going to the Newell Rally I will meet you, we plan on driving over and visiting although we will not be taking the coach, the rally is 25 miles as the bird flys but country roads make it a 40 minute trip from our house.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Jack,

We can't make it to this rally but are looking forward to meeting you at the No Rally Rally.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Hank that's understandable after all I just live few miles from Grove. Looking forward to the event in Gulf shores!

Gravette, Arkansas

I've been holding off on saying anything about this little get together as weather plays and issue but long term looks to be fantastic so if you want to park in the field and look at cars and eat come on by. We are 30 miles from the Regatta in Grove. 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1304+M...&entry=ttu

Gravette, Arkansas

Car show was wonderful and the food plentiful had one guest of honor who stopped by on his way to Miami rally, thank you Simon and Marie. Wish we could have spent a few more hours together it was very educational to share ideas and projects, maybe next year we can have a few more Newells.

Cars included

6 Ferrari's, 1 Lamborghini, 2 Aston Martins, 3 Porsches, 1 blown duce coup, 1 1966 SPF GT40 Mark 2, 1 1970 Torino Cobra, 1 1969 Chevelle SS, 2 Corvettes (1 of them a C8), 1100HP Dodge drag truck, 1 Mustang 350 GTR, 1 1976 F1500 Chevy show truck, and a few more I can't remember.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Gravette, Arkansas

Jack, our gratitude goes right back at you and Kathleen! You guys were so gracious in hosting us. We loved our stay and tour of your gorgeous home. The ride in the Ferrari was an added bonus! Honestly, my selfish side comes out as I think we had you both all to ourselves! The tour of your beautiful town was awesome and I still think about it a week later. I am just getting back to the grind as Marie and I make our way back home without the coach. Finally had a bit of time to open my computer in the hotel room. Our coach is in good hands receiving a well deserved makeover in Iowa. The rally was fun and we really enjoyed it. Honestly, I felt we would be out of place but no one made us feel like foreigners despite having an older coach. I should have put a donation box on the way in from all the visitors we had who wanted to see what we did! We certainly love you guys and felt as if we've known you for years. I can't believe a whole week has gone by with so much that we did in that short time. I have an Iron butt from seat time in both the coach and Jeep. Looking forward to spending time with both of you again.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Thanks Simon, please stop by anytime glad you all enjoyed yourselves at the Rally in Grove OK, can't wait to see pictures of the your coach when done! The inside of your coach is stunning, great work.

Gravette, Arkansas