You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Sway Bar End Links

So I have been searching around to see if I could find this answer but I am coming up empty handed. Anyone purchased new say bar end links? Mine needs the bushings and the bolt. One of my bolts is bent. I found a thread that has the bushings for the sway bar but I need the end links that connect it to the hubs. Are they the same for the drive and the steer? They look similar, kinda seems like the fronts are shorter. I have Dana IFS in the front, just to clarify.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

Jeff mine were replaced on the front prior to my ownership the prior owner was trying to fix the poor steering of the coach and replaced just about everything up front and in the rear. I have looked at the front and the drive axle and you're correct they do look to be the same although I haven't taken a caliper to it. They also replaced the panhard bar but finally gave up and the culprit was the bushings on the tag axle! The first thing that I noticed is there was a negative camber on the tag axle tires I had asked Richard and some other gurus if this was normal and it is not those bushings made a world of difference. Steve recently replaced his panhard bar but his bushings were good and it made a world of difference for him. Sorry to get off of your thread, I'm sure someone but more knowledge than me will chime in.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Jeff, can you post a picture? My DANA IFS sway bar is not mounted with end links as I usually think of them. At the end of the bar, U shaped brackets which hold the urethane bushing, are bolted to the lower shock mount.

But I have seen some sway bars on that front end mounted differently although I did not study how it was done.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(09-18-2023, 01:31 PM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  Jeff mine were replaced on the front prior to my ownership the prior owner was trying to fix the poor steering of the coach and replaced just about everything up front and in the rear. I have looked at the front and the drive axle and you're correct they do look to be the same although I haven't taken a caliper to it. They also replaced the panhard bar but finally gave up and the culprit was the bushings on the tag axle! The first thing that I noticed is there was a negative camber on the tag axle tires I had asked Richard and some other gurus if this was normal and it is not those bushings made a world of difference. Steve recently replaced his panhard bar but his bushings were good and it made a world of difference for him. Sorry to get off of your thread, I'm sure someone but more knowledge than me will chime in.
Thanks Jack, yea I have found a significant amount of play in the front drag link, cross shaft and tie rods. Took out a good 3/4"-1" of play, I could move the tire back and forth that much by hand. I think I am down to closer to 1/16 of play now. 
I have visually inspected the tag bushings and the panhard bar and I do not see anything out of place. I am going to get the tires put on this weekend and then hopefully get it out for a test drive and see how it does. If I am still not happy then I will investigate more on the tag and panhard bar. 
I just want to fix the sway bar bushings as they are worn out and I do not want to hear any banging or do any damage.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1998 Newell 2000 #490

(09-18-2023, 01:35 PM)Richard Wrote:  Jeff, can you post a picture? My DANA IFS sway bar is not mounted with end links as I usually think of them. At the end of the bar, U shaped brackets which hold the urethane bushing, are bolted to the lower shock mount.

But I have seen some sway bars on that front end mounted differently although I did not study how it was done.
Steer axle

Drive axle

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1998 Newell 2000 #490

I retract my statement! Just crawled out from under the rear again and I don't know what I was talking about. Smile

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Jeff,

Those look like Newell specials to me. Measure up the bushings and look for something in the 80 Durometer range to replace.

This might get you started………. https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Accesso...hings.aspx

That is a completely different setup than I have both front and rear.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(09-18-2023, 04:56 PM)Richard Wrote:  Jeff,

Those look like Newell specials to me. Measure up the bushings and look for something in the 80 Durometer range to replace.

This might get you started………. https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Accesso...hings.aspx

That is a completely different setup than I have both front and rear.
Thanks, I will start my search and update this post with what I find. 
Need to get out the calipers and get some measurements.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1998 Newell 2000 #490