You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

No more stinky slinky

We changed out our toilet to a macerator toilet last winter and love it no more air leaks or stuck valves so since all the waste is macerated might as well pump it though a 1" flat hose, flush it with fresh water and stow the 1" line and quick connect in the bay with the jacks and cribbing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C716...=UTF8&th=1

I took off the old air operated 3" valve and put a 12V macerator pump in its place to move the black water through the flat line with quick connects, also while I had the panel off I repaired the tank level board and got the gauges to work. Corrosion had eaten the printed circuits off the board so I soldered small wires to make the connection, would have been easier to buy a new board but I like the challenge and doubt they make them anymore.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Nice looking work! I put one of those portable macerator pumps onto the 3" sewer outlet. From the macerator it goes into a 1" hose. Macerator pump also has a cleanout. Very similar system but not permanent. I also wired in an on/off switch in the bay for the pump. If you remember, my plumbing bay looked amazing from the front side but was leaking everywhere on the backside. I rebuilt all the valves and fixed some botched plumbing work done in the past. The floor underneath the fiberglass was corroded to dust. Had to weld in new steel on both sides. I like what you did with yours. The quick fitting is really neat.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

I remember you doing that work sort of followed your lead on this one. We had a system just like this on our class B and it was wonderful so easy to dump and very clean, I wanted to put a real with regular hose but couldn't fine the space for it.

Gravette, Arkansas

Tnow that's a clean job
I just love all the practice you and Simon are getting and really looking forward to the two of you doing all these great ideas on our coach.

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463
Williamsburg, VA or Gettysburg, PA 
depending on what day it is

Jack,
Nice work.....love the macerating idea! Like you all we put in two new toilets last year. One in the back is a Sani-Flush macerating house hold basement toilet and the mid bath is a Dometic 320 gravity flow. If one takes a.......well you get the idea, then you have a backup

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Jack,

How big are your waste tanks and if they’re both full how long does it take to empty them with this setup?

06 M450LXi 3 slide

Pumps 15 gallons per minute, Black and grey are same tank and is 250 gallons I think so please correct me if I'm wrong so it would take roughly 17 minutes if it was full. I always dump the tanks when they get half full or less or every time we move.

Arch its a poopy job but someone has to do it. Smile

Gravette, Arkansas

Steve I hope we can spend some time together this winter, there is a lot I'd like to pick your brain over.

Gravette, Arkansas

Do you not have blueprints for your coach!?!
It will have your tank sizes listed on it.
If not, the mothership can probably email it to you and give you a hard copy if you're in Miami. 
I have pdf, small printed and full size printed for ours and attached a picture of our tanks for your viewing pleasure

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463
Williamsburg, VA or Gettysburg, PA 
depending on what day it is

Jack,

Good info! Thanks!

06 M450LXi 3 slide