You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dometic AC air filters

I've washed the green plastic ac filters a couple of times and each time they stretch slightly and fit a little worse.  They also drop a lot of fibers and make a big mess.  So I started looking for replacement filters that would fit.  I found a few places that will make custom size filters.  I ended up ordering 6 pleated paper filters from Filterbuy.com for 98.20 including S/H.  They can make about any size in 1/8" increments.

I ordered 9.875" x 15.5" x 1" filters.  They fit very snug and I had to crinkle the cardboard frame slightly to get them to fit. I will order slightly smaller next time 9.75" x 15.375" and then use some adhesive backed foam tape on the edges as needed for a tight fit.

The Dometics are made for 7/16" thick filters.  You can't get the paper filters in that thickness.  1" is the thinnest you can get. However if you get a snug fit they will stay in.  I had to remove the two swivel tabs on each Dometic as the shorts bolts holding them on protruded into the filter frame area almost a 1/4" each.

Should you need new filters but don't want paper ones they also make custom sized washable metal ones which are the original 7/16" thickness and will work with the filter tabs.  However you will need to shorten the length dimension by 3/8" or maybe 1/2" to clear bolts which hold the swivel tabs in place.  You will want to leave these tabs in place as they are what will hold the metal filter in place.            

I attached a pic of the old green filter media, the new paper filter and I shot of the Dometic unit where the filter fits.

Doug and Cathy Musick
Coach 370
1994, 45', non-slide
DD60, Allison 741

I used the same ones but I ripped the cardboard out of the middle on both sides to hopefully increase airflow. Seems to filter air better than the usual foam with a quicker drop after cooking in pm10 and pm2.5 according to the air quality monitor I have

1996 Newell #402
YouTube: Stapleton42
Instagram: stapleton42_