You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

M&L Engine For Yanmar Parts

So I was servicing my Kohler generator with the Yanmar 4TN84TE-RKRV and I noticed my intake hose from the turbo to the intake manifold had a split in it. So I started trying to find the part online with not much luck. Could hardly even find the part diagram for this engine. So I had been contacted by a generator company here in Florida called DuraWatt generators near Ocala florida, and he said if I ever needed anything to give him a call. So I called and asked if he had this part for my Yanmar, he said he did not carry that part but suggested I call M&L Engine In Louisiana. I was going to call Martin as suggested by many on here, but the fella at Durwatt said that they are a reseller like him, not a distributor, M&L is a distributor for Yanmar. So I called them, gave them the engine number and he looked the part up and said he had some in Atlanta and could have it to me in a couple days. So I gave him my card info and he ordered it. They have been communicating with me via email to let me know that they have shipped the part and it’s on its way. So far so good. As long as it’s the correct part these guys are going to be top notch in my book. 

M&L Engine
2835 Hwy 311
Schriever, La 70395

800-960-0068

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

So my part came in for my engine just as they said it would. 

Appears to be the correct part and will know today once I replace it. So thinking about the failure of this hose, I believe that there may be oil coming from the turbo and it’s eating up the hose. Once I get this trip behind me I will have to investigate where the oil is coming from. 

Here is the part I received, remember this so for the Yanmar 4TN84TE-RKRV:

I was also informed from what I would consider a reliable source that Martin Diesel is in fact a distributor, so I would say if you are in the north that they are definitely a go to for parts.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

Thanks for this information.

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

I have used Martin with good results.

I had to replace that hose also because it was soft and on the verge of failure. Anyone with a yanmar/kohler genset should take a look at that hose.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )