You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Paramount Awning parts

We have a 2011 with the Carefree of Colorado Paramount main awnings.  I'm looking to see if anyone might have a circuit board they don't need? We had our back awning board go bad.  Discontinued part and Newell doesn't have any in the parts closet.  Second option is if anyone might know of a company that repairs circuit boards?

Todd Franklin
Lodi CA 
2011 Newell Coach #1429

Post a picture of the board that's damaged. I might be able to help.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Is this the board mounted on the end of the awning that has the "Wind Sensor" that retracts the awning in wind?  I have a wind sensor that doesn't work.  In my case the awning works fine but doesn't retract with wind gusts.  I have been looking for that part for the last year, no joy.  

The Carefree solution is to replace the electronics with a Bluetooth system "Carefree Connects" that I do not CareFor.  I have all of the parts to make that switch with both patio awnings if I ever make that decision.

Attached Files
.pdf Paramount-Service-Manual.pdf Size: 3.04 MB  Downloads: 2
.pdf Paramount-Owners-Manual.pdf Size: 1.04 MB  Downloads: 0
.pdf Paramount-Installation-Manual.pdf Size: 2.01 MB  Downloads: 0
.pdf 070040-001r02 DR110-Installation-Manual.pdf Size: 1.42 MB  Downloads: 1

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

(10-23-2023, 07:19 PM)DrTodd Wrote:  We have a 2011 with the Carefree of Colorado Paramount main awnings.  I'm looking to see if anyone might have a circuit board they don't need? We had our back awning board go bad.  Discontinued part and Newell doesn't have any in the parts closet.  Second option is if anyone might know of a company that repairs circuit boards?

(10-24-2023, 04:56 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  Post a picture of the board that's damaged. I might be able to help.

Just attached a photo.....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Todd Franklin
Lodi CA 
2011 Newell Coach #1429

(10-24-2023, 06:38 AM)hypoxia Wrote:  Is this the board mounted on the end of the awning that has the "Wind Sensor" that retracts the awning in wind?  I have a wind sensor that doesn't work.  In my case the awning works fine but doesn't retract with wind gusts.  I have been looking for that part for the last year, no joy.  

The Carefree solution is to replace the electronics with a Bluetooth system "Carefree Connects" that I do not CareFor.  I have all of the parts to make that switch with both patio awnings if I ever make that decision.
 No this is the circuit board in the control box.  Usually back in the electrical cabinet in the bathroom.  Carefree's solution is to take 2 single awning control boxes and wire them in series.  I have two new complete systems just haven't looked at making the swap.  They didn't mention a Bluetooth system, I'll take a look.  Doesn't appear that the existing wiring for the awning will be compatible with the new wiring for the single control box ie wind sensors.  I'll swap you perfectly working wind sensors for a control board!

Todd Franklin
Lodi CA 
2011 Newell Coach #1429

(10-24-2023, 06:38 AM)hypoxia Wrote:  Is this the board mounted on the end of the awning that has the "Wind Sensor" that retracts the awning in wind?  I have a wind sensor that doesn't work.  In my case the awning works fine but doesn't retract with wind gusts.  I have been looking for that part for the last year, no joy.  

Also, the Carefree Connect will not work with our Paramount awnings since our main awnings are not 12v

Todd Franklin
Lodi CA 
2011 Newell Coach #1429

Carefree Connects comes in 120VAC, it's just hard to figure it all out.
.pdf 070040-001r02 DR110-Installation-Manual.pdf Size: 1.42 MB  Downloads: 1

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

(10-25-2023, 05:22 PM)hypoxia Wrote:  Carefree Connects comes in 120VAC, it's just hard to figure it all out.

I have all those same parts.  I did swap my boards so now my front awning works perfectly.  I will wire in the back awning to a single control box for now.  Just means I'll have to use 2 different remotes.  There's going to be a wave of people with coaches our age who start to have boards go out.  Newell will have to become familiar with this swap.  I believe there was a coach at Newell last week having these parts put in.

Todd Franklin
Lodi CA 
2011 Newell Coach #1429

Todd I apologize for not responding to you we have been on the road and I have not been following the site plus I forgot to subscribe to this thread, my bad. I can't see from the picture what part has self destructed but I would bet if I had it in my hands I could find the component that has failed and fix it. We are at Gulf Shores AL for at least 3 months.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas