You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

MCI plant tour and electric bus

https://youtu.be/72xwGEEFLXs?si=Y9XhZ0x2_4Z05Yth  

This is interesting.....Especially for us bus-nuts!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Thanks for the link! I enjoyed that

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

(10-29-2023, 07:41 PM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  https://youtu.be/72xwGEEFLXs?si=Y9XhZ0x2_4Z05Yth  

This is interesting.....Especially for us bus-nuts!

Nice, yea this guy makes good videos, I am subscribed to his channel. It’s on my list to get to the MCI factory, I started off my bus adventure with a TMC (MCI) 102A3 that I was converting.

Here are some photos of my conversion before I sold it, all the work I had done myself:

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

Jeff, the work you did on the MCI is beautiful! I was looking for a bus to convert when I found my first Newell , a 1978. I completely rebuilt the utility bays in the Newell because of corrosion. We enjoyed that coach until I found our current 1993 which I have been refurbishing. I’ve lost interest in doing a bus conversion…. I’m too picky and slow , too cheap to hire work done that I would probably want to do over again.
Was there a compelling reason you chose to do an MCI?

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

(10-30-2023, 05:45 AM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  Jeff, the work you did on the MCI is beautiful! I was looking for a bus to convert when I found my first Newell , a 1978. I completely rebuilt the utility bays in the Newell because of corrosion. We enjoyed that coach until I found our current 1993 which I have been refurbishing. I’ve lost interest in doing a bus conversion…. I’m too picky and slow , too cheap to hire work done that I would probably want to do over again.
Was there a compelling reason you chose to do an MCI?

Thanks, I was actually looking for an Eagle, mainly just because I like the way they look. I ended up with the MCI because it just happened to come up and it was in decent shape. MCIs are built well and are known to be reliable.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

Jeff, we have similar tastes! I almost bought a 1968 Eagle that needed major renovation. It was converted in the mid 1970's and still looked like it aside from the surfaces and wood paneling falling apart. Tanks were rusted too. Guy wanted 35k and was firm. We passed and found a 1975 MCI that was well done in its conversion. paint was excellent as was interior although it was too much oak for Marie. Drove that one to find it a gutless 75second to 60 acceleration. Engine was blowing oil through the exhaust. Guy was firm on his 50k price. Looked at a couple of Foretravels but their chassis were missing from corrosion. Found the Newell and it too was a basket case of needing things. I never cared for the exterior color and Marie didn't like the interior. Loved the rest otherwise. That's my story. I should mention I was converting a DP school bus and was offered everything I had in it to sell it. Sold it for just a hair under 40k. I got lucky on that one. Windows were not purchased or cut out yet and I had raised the roof on my own. Those projects sell for pennies on the dollar.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

(10-30-2023, 07:54 AM)BusNit Wrote:  Jeff, we have similar tastes! I almost bought a 1968 Eagle that needed major renovation. It was converted in the mid 1970's and still looked like it aside from the surfaces and wood paneling falling apart. Tanks were rusted too. Guy wanted 35k and was firm. We passed and found a 1975 MCI that was well done in its conversion. paint was excellent as was interior although it was too much oak for Marie. Drove that one to find it a gutless 75second to 60 acceleration. Engine was blowing oil through the exhaust. Guy was firm on his 50k price. Looked at a couple of Foretravels but their chassis were missing from corrosion. Found the Newell and it too was a basket case of needing things. I never cared for the exterior color and Marie didn't like the interior. Loved the rest otherwise. That's my story. I should mention I was converting a DP school bus and was offered everything I had in it to sell it. Sold it for just a hair under 40k. I got lucky on that one. Windows were not purchased or cut out yet and I had raised the roof on my own. Those projects sell for pennies on the dollar.

Yes, nice looking work on the school bus. I looked at several Eagles and they were all badly rusted. The MCI had a bit of rust but was in much better shape. Yea I may have realized what I had put into the MCI if it was finished, but projects never really sell for much. I sold my MCI to a young guy who was traveling doing sound for concerts. I need to follow up and see what he ever did with the bus.  Undecided