You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Full repaint

Simon your paint job makes the coach look brand new.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Very Nice Looking Coach Simon!

Until looking at your pics I never saw the Nc insignia above the steering tires before. That is a cool.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Simon, it really looks great.  I think money well spent in the grand scheme of things.  I thought you had a good looking coach before.  But if you plan to keep coach for a long time then you will get great enjoyment and satisfaction out of a new paint job.

Karl and Lisa G.
Coach #385
Toad - Not ready for that yet Confused

All your hard work is shining brightly, it's stunning.
Did the property search prove fruitful?

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463
Williamsburg, VA or Gettysburg, PA 
depending on what day it is

Thank you all! I have been driving all day along with some mall shopping in Ft Worth. Stopped in Las Cruces for the night.

Regarding the logo, I specifically wanted them to make sure it remained prominent.

For the property search, did t find what we were looking for. As we left we were in the vicinity of Newell but pressed on and made it to Ft Worth by 7pm for thanksgiving dinner at Cracker Barrel. Left the coach there and ubered to the local mall since Marie enjoys her shopping. I was looking forward to a good long walk. We both enjoyed the visit.

I need to find a flexible UV stabile sealer for the body moldings since the paint at those seams has minor cracks. Just my OCD and I knew going in they said they do not put sealer where there was none. On a good note I experimented with having them paint the window frames to make them disappear. They were chalky and ugly. They did a fantastic job of those.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Simon. Try to avoid looking at those cracks?. Those moldings do not expand and contract at the same rate as the aluminum siding. I had to remove replace rivets and replace the 3m mastic on one side of the coach. While I had it apart I replaced all the molding screws with stainless steel screws.          

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Simon,
I had that conversation with Newell when I thought I needed to have those moldings caulked with silicone on my 1992. Tommy Key, God rest his soul, told me that they need to stay "floating" and that Newell does not seal them on our vintage coaches. I try to keep a close eye out and replace the screws as they loosen over time.

Thanks guys. yeah, I did replace the 3m tape on most of the worst offending moldings before I sent it in. I also replaced the screws with standard zinc steel as the threads bite better. Used orange thread locker on them as well. The summer heat really loosens those darn side trims. The cold weather already checked the seams. I just want it to last a bit.

We got home today at 2:30. It was an uneventful drive. Solar power kept up with all our demands along with the Pepwave router/modem. Truly felt self sufficient this time around.

Here's a pic of the rear. This is the first time this coach as seen a Newell logo on it since the first owner changed up the color scheme. I also added the 8v92 logo so that other drivers would know what it was that passed them!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

It looks great Simon!  I like the Newell lettering.  I replaced the rear letters on mine with the new stainless large letters.  They are very reasonable from Newell.  Looking forward to seeing the coach sometime.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling