You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dash Gauges went on the blink...

Hi,

I have an 2008 coach with a 4 gauge analog cluster.  While driving down the road, I lost 3 of the gauges...partially; I lost the tach, speedo, odometer, turbo, temp and volts.  I still had the brake pressures, hour meter on the engine, fuel and the backlights.  So kind of a partial loss of instruments.  I am "guessing" I either lost a power lead or a ground issue. 

Anyone know where the fuse is for the gauges by any chance?  I didn't see anything in the main electrical bay (the one with the pretty light indicators on the fuses), so that leads me to think it may be up in the front nose section where there are a few fuse panels without the pretty lights that make troubleshooting a breeze....  Any one know if there is an issue with leaving the key in the "on" position for like 20 minutes while testing all the fuses, or should I just start up and idle?

Interestingly I let the coach set over night and opted for a cold beer in lieu of doing any deep dives on up front fuse panels and voila, all the gauges are working again after starting the engine!  I am hoping this was a one time event... likely not.  Confused

As it is a Monday and we all need a good laugh...I was wondering if anyone has ANY electrical schematics for a Newell?   Rolleyes

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Not sure if I got the only coach with no real documentation or this is common, but any manuals would be greatly appreciated!

Jerry & Cyndi Hayes
Bella, our Maltipoo Sidekick
2008 Newell Coach #1247, Quad-Slide
2010 Mini Cooper Toad
Phoenix, AZ

Try this for a little info you may not have.  Spyder Controls user Newell pw Coach
Tap on Coaches then Coach Files then Dropbox Link then tap on the group within your coach number (1200-1292 in your case) then tap on your coach number (1247) then you can download whatever is there.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much! I have requested login credentials from them. Have a good one!

Jerry & Cyndi Hayes
2010 Mini Cooper Toad
Phoenix, AZ

You do not need to do that. Log in just like I posted.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

If those gauges are truly analog, check your grounds. Newell had a poor practice of daisy chaining the grounds on the gauges.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(11-27-2023, 07:43 AM)hypoxia Wrote:  You do not need to do that.  Log in just like I posted.

Ah, ran into some Mac issues, but got logged in with your advice and got the files, thank you!

Jerry & Cyndi Hayes
2010 Mini Cooper Toad
Phoenix, AZ