You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Brake warning light switch leaking

(12-15-2023, 07:56 PM)BusNit Wrote:  Been dealing with what felt like covid symptoms for the last week or so. Today was a better day so I got under the coach and removed the BPV assembly. I put in new fittings although the originals were compression and not leaking but since I paid a visit to my buddy at FleetPride last week, I picked up a bunch of new fittings. I haven't aired up the coach yet since I still need to put the Haldex diff lock solenoid in. I truly hope there are no leaks and this helps resolve the compressor from coming on every hour or so. For sure the brake low pressure switch had a decent leak as did the diff solenoid.

Nice work, those bendix switches are some of the first things I look for when looking for air leaks. Seems like they always leak at some point in time. I have not gotten to dealing with air leaks yet, lots of other things to take attention away from the bus lately.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

I couldn't imagine doing this piece by piece while installed. I used my vice in the garage to hold the sections and did the magic. Of course there will be leaks when I test it. That's how it goes for me but I did get them tight. surprisingly the plastic hoses are in very good shape for their age.

I try to use all original parts and not Chinese copies regardless of price. If it made it this far, I want it to make it well past my death. The bendix pressure switch looks kind of flimsy but we will see. Maybe some Chinese copies are better after all.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

(12-16-2023, 09:17 AM)BusNit Wrote:  I couldn't imagine doing this piece by piece while installed. I used my vice in the garage to hold the sections and did the magic. Of course there will be leaks when I test it. That's how it goes for me but I did get them tight. surprisingly the plastic hoses are in very good shape for their age.

I try to use all original parts and not Chinese copies regardless of price. If it made it this far, I want it to make it well past my death. The bendix pressure switch looks kind of flimsy but we will see. Maybe some Chinese copies are better after all.

I believe most of the bendix switches are now made in mexico or china. The last time I bought a lot of dayton brand switches and have not had any issues with them so far. They have been in service for several years, and so far no issues.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)