You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Back riding low?

;i will measure but i have a 20k hitch (2 1/2 inches) and it is pretty low. btw, i try to keep mine to 12 inches as much as i can for the ride height

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

You do not have the ability to change the pressure in the tag air bags. I do not understand why the measurement in front of the drive tires is so different from the measurement behind the tag. Have you measured the ride height in the front?

Someone welded on those wheels. I am not sure if they are helping or hurting.

You can put the coach in LEVEL mode and raise it to clear tight places.

Kids bubble solution is your friend when hunting air leaks. Be sure to crib or support the coach when getting underneath.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks Richard. The measurements at the front were an inch higher at about 13” which could cause the back to be a bit lower. I’ll try hunting down the leak tomorrow. Thanks again.

Ole
1996 Newell 45’

An awareness point to consider. I don’t know if you have a straight axle or independent front suspension because your coach is in the transition period.

If you have independent front suspension, changing the ride height changes the toe in. If you have IFS and you lower the front end, you will have to reset the toe. If you have IFS, small adjustments at the ride height valve have big adjustments at the frame. That is because the vertical arm for the HCV is mounted on the sway bar and depends upon rotation of the sway bar to determine the ride height. That method desensitizes the movement, so the sensitivity is returned by using a very short reaction arm on the HCV.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )