You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Stairs and Entry Light Issues

We had the same intermittent step issue recently.
The “usuals” all checked out ok…motor, controller, ground, and door switches.
When I then checked the step relay…located in passenger bay 2, I noticed a wire in that module (don’t know what it is formally called) that the relay plugs into had “arced” making the module suspect. Fortunately, I had a new module that had come with a new relay from Newell. I changed the module out, plugged the relay back in and steps have worked fine since.

Ken and Pam Cameron
Newell #566, 2000 Newell 45 with 3 slides
Tow 2017 Ford Cmax Energi Hybrid

I had to replace my stair gearbox as well. Once removed, the old style motor did not fit with the new style/amazon box. No worries, ordered the motor from the same supplier, fits fine.

I have one weirdness though. My light comes on when the step is retracted and OFF when it's extended. Checked the wiring, all as per diagrams. Step switch in door fram works as advertised. I.e. door open steps out and door closed steps in. The lock switch by the door works as well. Flip it on and the steps stay out, unless you start the coach, then they retract.

No idea about the light.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Figured it out, got side tracked when my main slide rolled out the air gasket. After I reset the gasket I installed the vacuum pump modification on both slides to prevent it from happening again. Took out the stair motor and it ran just fine on 12 volts. Turned out to be one of the microswitches on the bode air door not passing 12 volts through to register when the door shuts. I guess the switches are discontinued and are 70 bucks, I'll try with bode air folk on prices tomorrow. 

-Jesse

Jesse most of the time the switches are used to ground a sense wire rather than run 12vdc through them. An easy indicator is if it has only one wire its ground sensitive.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas