You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Painted the chassis

I was bored last weekend and decided to paint the frame. Took a bit of masking and reaching around things but overall, it came out quite nice. I still have the driveshaft to do along with drums and other minor bits. This will help with cleanup when washing. Aside from that, I hated looking at brown rust spots. I do enjoy tinkering with this thing. It was nice to take it out today to the Detroit dealer. This just sails so comfortably along.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Beautiful Job!

(01-31-2024, 05:10 PM)BusNit Wrote:  I was bored last weekend and decided to paint the frame. Took a bit of masking and reaching around things but overall, it came out quite nice. I still have the driveshaft to do along with drums and other minor bits. This will help with cleanup when washing. Aside from that, I hated looking at brown rust spots. I do enjoy tinkering with this thing. It was nice to take it out today to the Detroit dealer. This just sails so comfortably along.

Looks amazing, but you must have way too much time on your hands!! I cannot even get to my list of major to do items let alone the niceties of cleaning and painting stuff. Really want to clean up my engine bay but its been pushed way down the list. I did it on my Wanderlodge but unfortunately a few trips in the rain and it looks like I almost never did anything.. well maybe not that bad.. but not as good as when I did it and cleaning it just does not make is shine like it first did.

Here are some photos
Before picture:

After:

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

Well, business was slow and this is the result.   Undecided

And of course the front section was done too over the winter.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

(04-24-2024, 02:44 PM)BusNit Wrote:  Well, business was slow and this is the result.   Undecided

And of course the front section was done too over the winter.

I guess that is good or bad thing that business is slow. That’s my problem now work is crazy, I can barely keep up.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

I clean the underside of our coach every time I crawl under it. Smile Your work is outstanding Simon.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

That guy almost looks like our beloved Richard. I've seen him that dirty!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I looked worse than that on several occasions pressure washing mine!

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Nice! I didn't realize that vintage was a Blue Bird.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling