You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hoping to own a mid 90s 45 soon

Happy to join. I'm from the mid Michigan area and travel with my wife Ashleigh, our son Cole (9), daughter Camryn (7), and Winston our Golden Retriever.  Often times my mother also travels with us.

I'm here to gather information and avoid any mistakes when purchasing a mid 90s Newell so that it will be ready for our planned summer trip out west.

At present, I own a Wanderlodge, two fifth wheels, and a travel trailer that I will have to part with before the Newell purchase; otherwise, my wife might insist on me sleeping in one of them indefinitely!

I’ll be exploring around and hope to post some questions after I’ve gained more knowledge and get serious about a particular coach to purchase.

Thanks in advance,
Ben Berry

WTB:  Mid 90's Newell 45 (Here to learn and explore at this point)
Current:  1990 Blue Bird Wanderlodge SP36 
Past:  1979 Blue Bird Wanderlodge FC-33

Welcome Ben and Ashleigh. A good place to start is https://newellgurus.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=80

After you have looked through the site, let us know what questions you may still have.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Welcome Ben! We live in NE Indiana. I travel your area on business often. I’m glad to answer questions. If you are ever in my area reach out.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Welcome Aboard Ben, Ashleigh and family!

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

We have a 1993 that needed cosmetic updating. We love ours as it has no slides and fits our lifestyle perfectly. If I won the lottery, I would still have a custom built non slide bus.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

(02-05-2024, 02:56 PM)Ben Berry Wrote:  At present, I own a Wanderlodge, two fifth wheels, and a travel trailer that I will have to part with before the Newell purchase; otherwise, my wife might insist on me sleeping in one of them indefinitely!
The advice given to me was "make sure you buy a nice one as you might be living in it one day".  Thankfully she hasn't put me out yet, but she knows how much I like the coach I'm afraid she'd think I might enjoy it a bit too much.  Wink 

Welcome to the group!

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Welcome and you already have your feet wet with a Wanderlodge so Newell should not be a surprise. Slide coach or no slide?

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

(02-07-2024, 07:24 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  Welcome and you already have your feet wet with a Wanderlodge so Newell should not be a surprise. Slide coach or no slide?

It’s a 1990 SP36 with no slides.  I found a Newell for sale in the area that looks very nice but it’s an 8v92 so I’ll have to research more and weigh that.  Looks very nice and well cared for.. could be a member here I suppose.   Link:  https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/1994-Ne...5029211734

(02-06-2024, 09:12 AM)BusNit Wrote:  We have a 1993 that needed cosmetic updating. We love ours as it has no slides and fits our lifestyle perfectly. If I won the lottery, I would still have a custom built non slide bus.

I’d probably prefer no slides given the age of the coaches I can afford. It seems most of the Series 60 coaches have slide-outs though. What's your main reason for no slides? What comes to my mind may be extra maintenance and care, more potential for leaks, less rigidity in the structure of the coach, perhaps less desirable going down the highway with them in vs not having any. I like them in my fifth wheel, but that just sits in a yearly site plus it’s designed around them rather than just enlarging the hall. Would the slide preference outweigh the trade-off from 8v92 to S60?  Either engine would be much more desirable than the 3208’s I’m used to regardless

Before you believe that mileage i would ask for a silver leaf to be hooked up to the system and read what the DD computer says, take it from me we were lied to and told our coach had 65k miles and after we plugged in the silver leaf found out it had 160k miles on it, those speedos have been problematic since new.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas