You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

how to fix this fitting

Another air leak under the front of the coach. Doesn't look like the fitting from under the dash that was recently repaired.

Is there a video on how to fix? Looks like I can unscrew, cut off a portion of the line and re-insert?

Thanks

Larry

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I found this video just now. looks like the same fitting, should be a push release and repair? I'll give a try when the pressure is released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNSINGKXjpY

Yes. Remove air pressure. Then remove the hose by pushing in on the ring nearest the hose. Then pull hose out while pushing on the ring. Then remove fitting and replace it

We like to replace with compression fittings rather than push to connect.

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tip: use a socket once you get the hose off. Makes it so much easier to get old off and new on. Also, if it hasn't been said or understood, make sure your coach is supported if that fitting is underneath.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Larry,

Those are an easy fix…trust me, for this I know! ?

Since it is ALWAYS best to CUT that line to provide a clean section for the new fitting, the BEST procedure is just to cut it flush at that push to connect fitting; using it as a guide. Use a razor knife.

This not only provides a new, clean cut, but it now provides easy access for a deep socket, flare tube or box wrench.

Push to connect fittings should be banned from the earth, in the view of many. They have virtually no use, save for the worst situations. I’ve made a few videos on this topic, and emphasize the importance of swapping them out for DOT COMPRESSION FITTINGS.

Detailed Procedure How to Find Air Leaks on a Newell Coach
https://youtu.be/Auf0pzEPGfs

If you need any input or ideas, you can check this video out and see the links in the description. I love McMaster for the ultimate selection in stock and immediate shipping. Just be careful if you try Amazon; not all of them are top quality such as Hannifin, and some sellers try to “screw you” with crazy high prices.

Unless you know exactly what to look for, I point everyone to McMaster and can furnish you with a pdf file with all the links for the proper fittings.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

i have a tubing cutter that i always use and it gives a square cut.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(02-12-2024, 10:28 AM)encantotom Wrote:  i have a tubing cutter that i always use and it gives a square cut.

tom

Yes, that is the preferred tool when you've got slack or enough tube to cut off.  In this case, not knowing how much extra there was, I suggested a razor/knife to cut flush up against the fitting so as to not shorten the tubing too much.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA