You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coach 513 Air Problems

(02-14-2024, 03:59 PM)Richard Wrote:  Hmmmm disconnect the pump and cap the line. See what happens with your air useage

Took off the 12v compressor. It's not compressing and there was a leak in the check valve. I put a plug in the line. Now I'm holding for 14:15, about a  4 minute improvement. At this rate there must be about 10 more leaks to find just to get me back to 45 minutes.

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513

I know I've mentioned it, but it REALLY is worth repeating because it's stinging a lot of us!

Those check-valves are silent demons! They'll leak and you'll not "hear it", nor will you "see it" leak. It would behoove you to embark on a seek and destroy mission for those.

And, as Richard mentioned, be sure to isolate your leveling system; turning it off during this testing. Lower it all the way to the ground...UNLESS you're sniffing the air-bags, 6-pack manifolds, etc.

Keep at it...you'll get there.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Does anyone have part numbers for the very small air lines and fittings that are on the pneumatic doors? I found a very small leak in a fitting, plus Newell stretched the 2 small air lines very tight - like they cut the line a little short and stretched them to fit. I would need to replace the lines and the fittings. Small leak, but all these leaks add up.

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513

Are they the 1/8" lines shown on the left in my photo?  I got 1/8" tubing from a Parker Store when passing through Grand Rapids, MI.  For the 90º fittings, I put a brass Street Ell in and then straight 1/8" compression fitting into the Street Ell.  The compression fitting came from Ace Hardware, I believe.    

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

(02-16-2024, 11:02 AM)hypoxia Wrote:  Are they the 1/8" lines shown on the left in my photo?  I got 1/8" tubing from a Parker Store when passing through Grand Rapids, MI.  For the 90º fittings, I put a brass Street Ell in and then straight 1/8" compression fitting into the Street Ell.  The compression fitting came from Ace Hardware, I believe.

Could be. My photo is a CU. I can get a wider shot. Tubing says Parker Parflex FFT-2A 1/6.    

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513

https://www.mcmaster.com/products/compre...d-water-9/

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

There are rebuild kits out there for the Thomas “Wobl” pumps. About 1/3 the cost of the entire pump.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

If the line are a little short just move the valve, if the valve is leaking Amazon has a $20 replacement.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LWJ3AWG?psc...ct_details

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas
Video 

Still working my way through the air systems. I'm hearing this sound (in the video) from the air tank in front of the passenger drive axle. Does anyone know what it is? My suspicion is it's letting air out, but I would like to really know.

Having trouble posting a video, but the sound is occasional pinging. It lasts for a second and happens every 10 seconds or so.

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513

Are you talking about the tank in the bay with the blower for the generator? Can you post a picture? If there is a water separator in that compartment with a electric actuated valve then that might be your problem.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas