You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Engine Bay Rear Electrical Box

While doing some cleaning I came across my rear engine bay rear electrical panel had some water damage to the 1/2" Formica covered plywood panel at the bottom 6".  The damaged wood was loose and screws were pulling out with just some slight pressure.  I removed stuff from the bottom area to gain access for a cut all the way across the panel.  I was not going to replace the whole panel....too hard.  Screwed a guide into place and made a cut line with my multi tool to remove the damaged plywood.  I used 1/2" Marine Starboard for my repair...it is not affected by any water, works like wood and holds screws very well.....comes in several colors.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

That is a very nice fix! Mine has the labeling curling up. Not sure where to get new labels. Newell will not have them since my engine is DDEC labels. I think that compartment is not water tight. Rain water enters the sides and blows its way in.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

(03-04-2024, 02:00 PM)BusNit Wrote:  That is a very nice fix! Mine has the labeling curling up. Not sure where to get new labels. Newell will not have them since my engine is DDEC labels. I think that compartment is not water tight. Rain water enters the sides and blows its way in.

Thanks Simon,  I think you're right....rain water is the culprit hence the use of the Marine Starboard.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

So……. This is the kind of work this dude does to a coach he is selling.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I'd be doing the same. We try to ensure our "babies" have a good start with their new foster families  Big Grin

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312