You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

"City" Water and 12V pump?

On my 96 #423 I have 2 12V water bumps in the water back cabinet. If I connect city water and open that valve, but leave the PUMP (I only use one and keep the other for backup) will I have an issue?

I.e. will the tank fill/overfill? Over pressure in the system?

Ideally I'd simply like the tank to stay full and the pump to stay ON.

Otherwise, I will have to monitor my tank and fill when needed. I RARELY stay anyway for more than a couple or three days, but this time I will have access to water for a week.

What do you all think the best strategy would be?

Thanks!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Fill when you need and use the 12v pump. Alternate which pump you use and which is your reserve. You won’t have to worry about a city side pressure spike that way.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

Yes, but is that the ONLY way?

What will happen if I use both?

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Rick, I have seen so many different configurations for the water valves, it is impossible to say if it will overfill. Stare at the pipes and valves for a bit, and figure out the water path to answer your question.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard,
I am more concerned with the overpressure possibility if I leave the 12 v Pump in the ON position.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

That’s not a worry. The 12v pump has it’s own pressure switch to prevent that. Any over pressure will come from the city side.

You can do like I used to do with my 96- fill the tank. Close the fill valve and leave the city water on. Keep a 12v pump on to moderate the low pressure the city offered. Dump as needed.

I alternated pumps by switching as we left for a new trip. One pump worked for one trip. The other pump worked the next trip.

You are running a regulator on your fresh hose input, correct?

06 M450LXi 3 slide

My manual states to turn off the 12v pumps when connected to city water. (1993)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Artic,
Got it.. will test a bit and figure out the plumbing. I imagine I have to confirm that the pump and city water have to be open to each other and the fill valve for the tank needs to be shut after it's full.

Seems to me if the set pressure of the incoming city water (yes I have a regulator) is slightly higher than the pump switch on pressure, it should all just work.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

(03-19-2024, 07:27 AM)Wanderman Wrote:  Artic,
Got it.. will test a bit…….

Sounds like a good plan!

Seems  to me if the set pressure of the incoming city water (yes I have a regulator) is slightly higher than the pump switch on pressure, it should all just work.

That’s exactly how mine worked.  You may even have adjustable sensors on your pumps. You could truly dial in the system playing with those settings.  

06 M450LXi 3 slide

Here is something to think about.

At the water bay or some other convenient location disconnect a water line, and attach a pressure gauge, Run all the different scenarios you want, and you will have data to make a decision on.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )