You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Girard awning help

I got caught in a hail storm over the weekend and could get the awning pull in fast enough, now she is off kilter a little and the front hangs out more than it should, IS there an adjustment to realign it?  I don't think it'll pull out if im driving but i'd really like for it to be back in sync again.

TIA

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

There is an adjustment. It is outlined in the Girard manual. It involves moving the lateral position of the arm.

But before you go to all that trouble. I would try extending and retracting about five times to allow the canvas to wrap cleanly and lay flat on the roller. It’s easy to overheat the Girard motor, so do it once and wait a few minutes between each cycle.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard, ok thanks yeah it def seemed to be wound weirdly. the back side was going in faster than the front.

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

Ditto on Richard's post. Had a similar situation on ours the very first trip. Ran it full extension a couple times and it realigned itself with no issues since.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Go to GIRARD in San Clemente!!

Chuck is a great tech, expert on Girard and will get you all dialed in!!

‭(949) 259-4000‬
1270 Puerta Del Sol
San Clemente CA 92673

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA