You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Window latching mechanism 05 era

Hey guru's do any of you have these tabs on your windows?? Newell told me they were used for latching the windows down while traveling. I've never seen the entire mechanism personally.

Tia

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

Well I tried very hard to get the original latches that came with the coach. The Mfr. SE-GI was the supplier, There's a distributor 90 minutes from my home and after a few weeks of of phone tag nothing, that's exactly what I ended up with NOTHING. No longer available. Sooooo I started trying to figure out what I could use as an alternative while driving. I purchased some suction cups for glass but they just kept falling off. I then found a heavy duty pair used for attaching cameras or tents to the side of a car.  I decided to use two for each window at the galley an boy the seem to work great.

I will have to use one and some zip ties to an eye bolt on the back of the upholstered panel for the dinette.  It's not the best solution but it's what I've come up with to keep the darn windows from flapping in high winds.

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive