You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dupree Dump valve air fittings

Hey all, I am at the Sanlan RV resort in Lakeland FL while attending Sun N Fun (I have an exhibitor booth) and had three failures over the last two days.

1. The accumulator tank fitting began leaking (it was a bad repair anyway by a previous owner) right now it's capped and I finished pre-assembly on a new set of fittings. Hopeully that WON'T leak.

2. The Dupree power dump valve blade broke along the bottom edge, so when retracted did not pull up the rubber piece and then crushed it when going down. Thankfully I am hooked up to sewer at the park, so no messy disaster. Since replaced with  new one with new gasket.

3. The power dump valve lower fitting was leaking and has a hairline crack on the swivel. I cannot for the life of me find one locally and shipping won't get here in time. I plugged the 1/4" air line for the moment and while it's slightly leaking it's holding well enough. The fitting is a 1/2" push on with a 10/32nd UNF mail thread.

Unless someone knows where to find one locally, I will ship a bunch back to the house and will replace when I get home.

Come and visit Sun N Fun... pretty cool stuff.

Cheers!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Rick if I can make it suggestion they sell a 12-volt version of that valve on Amazon cap off the airline which is always a major leak going to the valve like we have in our doors and use the signal going to the valve to control the new dump valve.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Interesting idea Jack.. would you have a link for it? Or a good search term?

I am pretty sure the plastic elbow has been a source for leaks in my coach for a long time!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan