You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Used 2020p

Hey folks,

New to the community and am considering a 2014 2020p.  Any insights or information about this model would be helpful whether positive or negative.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

2018 Newmar Essex
2022 F150 toad

Chuck and Lois Leonard
2014 Newell 2020P #1497
2022 F150 toad
Granite Falls, NC

I have a 2011 p2000i and a 2014 2020p. The differences in the drive are impressive. The stabilride and easisteer are a big improvement. I would recommend a PDI Tuner for the 600hp.
The factory support can’t be beat!

Thanks for the input afrench.  I will definitely look into a tuner for the Cummins 600.  Any recommended settings?

Chuck and Lois Leonard
2014 Newell 2020P #1497
2022 F150 toad
Granite Falls, NC

My 650 in the 11 will outrun the 600 in the 14 like crazy. Newell can install the PDI tuner at the factory and heard it makes a big difference… in performance and mpg. We haven’t done it yet, on the list for next time we’re there!

(04-11-2024, 08:01 PM)ChuckNC Wrote:  New to the community and am considering a 2014 2020p.  Any insights or information about this model would be helpful whether positive or negative.
The Allison 4000 transmission on my last two 600HP coaches failed at around 53,000 miles, FWIW.  No tuners for me.  Fantastic coach to live in, very quiet inside since the Valid slides have air seals.   Drives and rides great with EZ Steer and tag steering, etc..  No other manufacturer has anything to match the Newell 24/7 service "hotline".  Newell is there for you regardless of the age of the coach.

Spend some time on this forum, there is no better site to learn about Newell.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

The list of pros and cons is immense and has taken me hours to discuss on the phone; believe it or not.

Hard to list things that would matter to you, versus others.

The 2015 we have is among the last of the SilverLeaf coaches. That means it weathered the test of time, but also at the end of life with certain components such as the glass dash. Many components con still be updated however. As opposed to Intrepid, there are many who would prefer the SilverLeaf system. It’s MUCH MUCH more stable!!!!

There is a TON of updating that needs to be done on this era; from electrical, air fittings, merge solenoids, leveling solenoids, etc.

The 10 year service is huge. And, if the prior owner(s) didn’t stay on top of it…you’re gonna be in for a big sticker shock…(think over $10k) just for the mechanical maintenance items.

Again, I could fill pages of pros and cons for you. Hard to even compare until we know what other brands, models, years, to compare against.

Good luck!

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

(04-15-2024, 05:15 AM)CaptainGizmo Wrote:  The list of pros and cons is immense and has taken me hours to discuss on the phone; believe it or not.

The 2015 we have is among the last of the SilverLeaf coaches. That means it weathered the test of time, but also at the end of life with certain components such as the glass dash.  Many components con still be updated however.  As opposed to Intrepid, there are many who would prefer the SilverLeaf system. It’s MUCH MUCH more stable!!!!

There is a TON of updating that needs to be done on this era; from electrical, air fittings, merge solenoids, leveling solenoids, etc.

The 10 year service is huge. And, if the prior owner(s) didn’t stay on top of it…you’re gonna be in for a big sticker shock…(think over $10k) just for the mechanical maintenance items.

Again, I could fill pages of pros and cons for you. Hard to even compare until we know what other brands, models, years, to compare against.

Good luck!

Steve,

Thanks for the reply and information.  I have watched a lot of your YouTube videos and I believe they will be a valuable reference if I end up buying the coach.  Any chance you purchased your coach from The Motorcoach store in Bradenton?  If so I would like to know if you had a good experience.

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck and Lois Leonard
2014 Newell 2020P #1497
2022 F150 toad
Granite Falls, NC

(04-15-2024, 05:15 AM)CaptainGizmo Wrote:  The list of pros and cons is immense and has taken me hours to discuss on the phone; believe it or not.

The 2015 we have is among the last of the SilverLeaf coaches. That means it weathered the test of time, but also at the end of life with certain components such as the glass dash.  Many components con still be updated however.  As opposed to Intrepid, there are many who would prefer the SilverLeaf system. It’s MUCH MUCH more stable!!!!

Good luck!

Steve,

Thanks for the reply and information.  I have watched a lot of your YouTube videos and I believe they will be a valuable reference if I end up buying the coach.  Any chance you purchased your coach from The Motorcoach store in Bradenton?  If so I would like to know if you had a good experience.

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck and Lois Leonard
2014 Newell 2020P #1497
2022 F150 toad
Granite Falls, NC

(04-15-2024, 09:08 AM)ChuckNC Wrote:  

Good luck!

Steve,

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck,

Thank you for the compliment on my videos; glad they’ve helped.

I didn’t buy my coach from TMS.

Steve

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Steve - I just ran across you listing from a few years back where you were trying to sell your Newell.  Did you sell it or do you still have it?  If you did sell it, if you don’t mind me asking why?

Thanks 

Chuck

Chuck and Lois Leonard
2014 Newell 2020P #1497
2022 F150 toad
Granite Falls, NC