You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Drilled a hole in power steering line

I accidentally drilled a hole in a power steering line that was under the floor and in the path of a condensate drain. The hole did not go through entirely but through the first braided layer. I called a few places but they only service construction equipment. I don't think Leo wants to deal with it as I did not get a warm and fuzzy feeling. Don't blame him. Not sure what or where I could possibly go with this. Any ideas? Ironically I used a new sharp bit and didn't even feel it go through the 1/4" chassis steel.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Can you pull the whole hose out and have a new one made?

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

It's way a bigger job than I can handle to do that. I was hoping I could find a mobile guy to crimp in a splice but they don't work on anything other than construction equipment by me.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Don’t tell them what it is… just say I have a broken hose on a large piece of machinery… lol I know you will solve this!

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Adrian, I have lost my mind once my Coco passed. At this point, I just need someone else to take the wheel. I think I'm done. Life and work has completely stressed me out. I'm finding working on this has begun to go from enjoyment to chore. My solve now is epoxy fill for the void and a rubber overlay with clamps. Epoxy is setting. just got back from Lowes for some clamps. Starting to warm up outside. We also have a new invasive weed from Africa growing here called stinknet. It smells like dried spit/urine/pot combined. Irritates me when outside. Used to be a nice place for clean air. Sorry, I am just venting.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

My redneck repair was to put epoxy in the divet, silicone after the epoxy hardened and an overlay of heater hose with two clamps. I will start it tomorrow so it sets today in the mid 90's temps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

I don't know Simon that might be a catastrophe in waiting, might look at just trying to get the ID of the tubing and put some type of Barb fitting in there

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas