You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New to the forum and not yet a Newell owner
Wink 

Hi to everyone,

We met the last days several owners of Newell coaches and fall in love with them. Right now we own a Montana 3120RL 5th wheel with a RAM Pickup. The main reason why we consider to buy a Coach is our amount of travel and the luxury to travel with a coach. I'm a retired mechanical and electronic engineer.

Any good hints about available coaches are welcome. We are not in a hurry and can wait till the right one becomes available.

Feel free to contact me with any question you have. Till today I was able to help everybody and repair my own 5th wheel all the time including some unusual modifications.

Being on the road most of the time answer might take a while, please be patience

Andreas

Hi Andreas, please call me, Rudy Legett
7 one 3. 8 one 8. 3234

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

(04-15-2024, 12:26 PM)Trainer Wrote:  Hi Andreas,  please call me, Rudy Legett
7 one 3. 8 one 8. 3234

Hi Rudy, was a great pleasure to talk to you. I will keep you contacts save and will contact you ones we are in TX or on the way to TX. Specially the fuel topic was interesting. I did buy / signed up for a EFS card but every used it as I didn't understand the benefit. From what I understand I need to setup an OpenRoads account to really use the card. Will this app show all the participating truck stops? Is there an way to see ahead of time the savings? 

Will stay in contact with you and thanks again for all your infos

Andreas

Yes and yes on the open roads. You or the copilot can see the current prices and plan your fuel stops.

It would help if you gave us a range of years and or features you are considering.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Andreas, as you can see, this is a very helpful group. We even have some members that are S.O.B. ( Some other brand) owners. Many of the Gurus have owned multiple Newells over the years. One member actively keeps records as the information becomes available as to the specifics of different Newells.  As your Newell hunt becomes more specific, let us know your preferences in your future coach. We have a very old Newell. 40 years old this year. We were surprised when we accidently left a glass of water in the bathroom, and after a full day of travel it was still on the counter. You will enjoy the silence of having the engine 40 ft behind you. Enjoy the hunt.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Hi,

Yes you are correct I do need to publish a wish list.

I would like to get a coach from mid 2004 till DEF introduction. Would like a light interior and kitchen on the driver side. We are only 2 people and do not need any extra sleeping capability. Budget is not endless but sufficient. Optical conditions is not as important as technical condition. We will add quite some miles, means high mileage is not a problem for me.

Hope this gives everybody a base idea what we are looking for.

Andreas

Mechanical and electronic engineer is a good starting point that means you'll be able to handle things that happen rather than going to a scalper and things happen in every coach that is made there are no perfect coaches.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas