You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Ball bearing slides for kitchen cabinets.

I'm in the process of replacing one of the ceiling fans that is over these sliding drawers. Anybody got an idea how these come off? Or do I have to remove the 1 million screws in them.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1999 45'  #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas
1996 40 XL Prevost Marathon 

This is from Googling "releasing drawer slides'.

"Friction Disconnect. The friction method is the simplest to disconnect. Pull the drawer far enough to separate it from the cabinet, and the adjoined slide members will disconnect. Expect some resistance from the ball retainers at the end, but that is by design."

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

No bueno on these ball bearing units. Thanks Jon

Gravette, Arkansas

If you can find the manufacturer name on the slides you could narrow a Google search. I can't make out one from your picture.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

When I was running wires behind the cabinets (specifically very tall pull out drawers) in the kitchen isle I had to remove all of the screws like you are likely going to have to.

It actually did not take very long.  

I think they put a screw in every hole to insure that they do not come out while bouncing down the road.  

I also did not trust my driver to put the screws back in tight and hand tightened every one after getting them started and close with the driver.......

Enjoy the quality build, it is better than not having enough!

You're right Glenn wasn't that bad! I did find 25 years worth of grime back there.

Gravette, Arkansas

I'm too late but there might be a (usually plastic) tab on either side you push down or pull up to release the slide. Usually one side is on the top and the opposing side it is on the bottom.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I was looking for that tab Forest but couldn't find them and there are none. All is done now, fans replaced, Kathleen cleaned up behind those roll out cabinets and they are reinstalled. Just for the next guy I cut a 1' piece of 2X4 to set the cabinets on while in the opening this way I could tilt the cabinets up to get the first screws in by myself the rest went like clockwork.

Thanks for your efforts Jon after removing the cabinets its easy to see they do not detach by some type of release.

Gravette, Arkansas