You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

sight tube for hydraulic tank in engine compartment

ok, got it drained. btw there is about 4 gallons in that tank.

had to take the top sight glass fitting off and put a tube down it. taking the top of the cap housing didnt work.

the acrylic tubing i got will not work. in taking the old clear tube off it is a dot 1/4" clear air tubing. it is labeled on the side.

of course that seems to be unobtainium.

so back to figuring out what will hold up to atf long term that is 1/4 od tubing.

i am in research overload. any opinions are welcome.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

https://www.mcmaster.com/products/tubing...ear+tubing

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(04-23-2024, 05:29 PM)encantotom Wrote:  ok,    got it drained.  btw there is about 4 gallons in that tank. 

had to take the top sight glass fitting off and put a tube down it.  taking the top of the cap housing didnt work. 

the acrylic tubing i got will not work.  in taking the old clear tube off it is a dot 1/4" clear air tubing.  it is labeled on the side.

of course that seems to be unobtainium. 

so back to figuring out what will hold up to atf long term that is 1/4 od tubing. 

i am in research overload.  any opinions are welcome. 

tom

Tom, not sure that I have ever seen actually clear DOT tubing but I have seen a translucent white tubing, wondering if that is what it is. I was noticing mine is kinda hard to see through and maybe that is why. I suspect they would have used the same tubing that they used for the air system tubes? Just a guess. I have some white tubing at work and I think I am definitely going to bring it home, we have had it in our warehouse for a while and do not think we will ever use it. I know it’s Parker air tubing. Maybe I can see if it matches up to the sight glass on ours. Not sure where your located but I would be happy to send you some tubing if it fits. 

Appreciate the info on how many gallons the tank holds, I need get some fluid for ours.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

Jeff,

That would be great
I am in az.
Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(04-24-2024, 05:34 AM)encantotom Wrote:  Jeff, 

That would be great
I am in az. 
Tom

I will get a picture of the tubing tomorrow but Richard has posted a link for some clear tubing that may work better. Personally I would prefer the clear tubing if you could get it.

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)