You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bay Door button for slide tray

Has anyone attempted to add the newer style power slide tray buttons to the edge of the bay door?  Don’t think it will be too hard to do but didn’t want to reinvent the wheel if some has already figured out the best way to accomplish this.  The existing button on the inside of the bay is too hard to reach when the slides are out and the remote has to be pointed at the receiver which can be a pain if you have the tray stacked full.

Alternatively if anyone has replaced their remote receiver with one that uses a radio signal instead of infrared that would also solve the issue to some degree.

The best solution will be to ditch the remote and add the button to the edge of the bay door.

Chuck and Lois Leonard
2014 Newell 2020P #1497
2022 F150 toad
Granite Falls, NC

Chuck, My 2009 #1260 has a few slide directions that will not work, and I was about to begin looking for a new remove or switch. I will be watching for answers to assist me in my direction.

(06-09-2024, 11:15 AM)[email protected] Wrote:  Chuck, My 2009 #1260 has a few slide directions that will not work, and I was about to begin looking for a new remove or switch. I will be watching for answers to assist me in my direction.

Woody,

I found this on Amazon and believe it will work and be better than the OEM switch since it is an RF remote instead of the OEM IR remote.  You shouldn’t have to point the remote at the sensor which should make for a much more user friendly experience.

I would get and install one bit I would prefer to install in and out buttons on the edge of the upper half of the bay door and just eliminate the remote since you can always reach the buttons even with the slides out.  Newer models have this setup and it should be fairly easy to retrofit to any clamshell bay doors.  This is on my list for a winter project so I will update this thread when I get it done.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0CNJZTWW...AIN7&psc=1

Chuck and Lois Leonard
2014 Newell 2020P #1497
2022 F150 toad
Granite Falls, NC

Chuck, I saw your idea regarding the basement slide controllers, and I am going to try your Amazon idea. My remotes work on some trays and not on some others.
Should be in the next couple of weeks as I am on the road and difficult to receive packages. I will also let you know when I try it.

Woody Woodward, and Barbara
Newell 2009 #1260 Front entry, quad slide, Bath & a half, Cat C-15, 625 HP.
We have been motor homing since 2010, and have owned 6 motor homes. 
Before that we were boating on the east coast, largely on the ICW.
Big Grin Huh   

(6 hours ago)[email protected] Wrote:  Chuck, I saw your idea regarding the basement slide controllers, and I am going to try your Amazon idea. My remotes work on some trays and not on some others.
Should be in the next couple of weeks as I am on the road and difficult to receive packages. I will also let you know when I try it.
Sounds good Woody I would really be interested in your experience/results.

Chuck and Lois Leonard
2014 Newell 2020P #1497
2022 F150 toad
Granite Falls, NC