You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Basement AC newbie

I’m trying to sort out the AC systems in my coach. I have a thermostat that appears to be a Coleman thermostat in the galley of my coach, then I have an older looking thermostat in the bedroom. Each location also contains a rocker switch labeled 1AC or 2AC. I can get the systems running no problem. The galley thermostat also appears to control my salon heating zone. And the bedroom controls the heating zone for the bedroom.  The galley and bathrooms have their own dial set heat thermostats. 
I don’t understand the rockers to select between 1 unit and 2 units at each location. I’m feeling like I’m not getting any cooling from the units at all but do hear the systems kicking on.  So I’m trying to learn the basics before I dive into troubleshooting to make sure I’m operating them correctly.

Corey Graham
2001 45’ Quad slide coach#606
Celina, TX

Could you post pictures of your control system and your a/c unit nameplate so that people can not only identify with what you have, but also help troubleshoot.

I don't know about your year, but many Newells came with 2 compressor units.  The original control system would turn on 1 compressor (low) when you approach the set point temperature, and both compressors (hi) when you were further away from set point (I think 2 degrees).

It sounds like your system has been modified from the original equipment, at least from what you describe.

I will do so tomorrow. My coach is currently stored about 50 miles from me. I’ll make that trip tomorrow to get the photos. Thank you!