You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Water collection bowl leaking air

Hello, gurus. I'm the new owner of coach 1223. The compressor has been cycling about every 5 minutes. 

Problem Description
The water collection bowl for what I believe is the air leveling system in the bay just in front of the engine on the passenger side is leaking air. The air is coming from between the metal housing and the plastic bowl at the bottom of the vertical openings in the metal housing as circled in the attached picture. I assume the seal for the drain valve is leaking. There does not appear to be air leaking out the bottom outside the metal housing (air leak detector ordered and on the way), but you can hear and feel the air coming out from the bottom of the open windows in the metal housing where I circled in the picture. 

My Question
Does anyone know how to disassemble the drain valve at the bottom so I can attempt to replace the seal that is leaking? The drain valve spins, but does not unscrew. This is usable as it is, and I don't want to do more damage trying to take it apart until I know how to do it right and fix it. 

Pat
Superannuated Peregrinator
2008 Newell 1223

Those polycarbonate bowls crack with age.

Until you find the exact replacement, you could install any water separator with a manual drain.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thank you, Richard. I'll see what I can find to replace it.

Pat
2008 Newell 1223

If anyone ever needs to replace this water separator:
My water separator is SMC part number AF30-N03-Z (discontinued part number)
The replacement polycarbonate bowl part number is C3SF-Z - they have about 300 left in stock of this discontinued item.
Go to https://www.smcusa.com/contact/distributor-locator and find your local SMC distributor to order the replacement bowl.
Each replacement bowl is about $9.40. I ordered two to have a spare.

The current replacement part for the whole separator is AF30-N03-Z-A which are currently in stock, but will be discontinued soon.
The future replacement part number is AF30-N03-Z-D

Pat
2008 Newell 1223

I do not have any hands on knowledge. This is just a thought. If you look into the bowl from the inside, is there a hex or nut, that is used to tighten the drain?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )