You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

drivers airseat

howdy,

i am a big guy. (but i did meet someone recently that made me feel small and he knows who he is)

my air drivers seat barely keeps me up. it works fine when darlene is driving.

is there some way of increasing slightly the air pressure that goes to the seat? how much air pressure goes to the seat?

is there a regulator for it somewhere?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom on my '93 there were 2 adjustments screws, one for weight and another for travel. But in order to adjust them I had to pull the seat off. Hopefully yours will be easier. It was an ISRI base.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Tom,

I have a regulator for the air seat supply line in the basement. Forrest is right, but the limit screws only work up until the point that the, ahem, mass of the driver is more than the air pressure will support.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

If Isri- that seat has allen head screws that are concealed pretty good. That is the way you separate the seat from the base. Plus the usual wires and airline

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

it is isri

i suspect it was set for a very very small guy. (ahem, not me). as i had to put a seat belt extender on it and as it was it wouldnt fit anyone.

so i will play with it at steves this week

what pressure is the regulator set at richard?
tom

Thinking back you may not have to remove the seat. I did but wanted to remove the swivel base. If you can lift the rubber bellows around the base you may be able to get to the screws.
The previous owner on mine was much larger than me obviously since when I sat down the seat barely moved.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Hey Tom-
Hahahaaa....I resemble that remark!

Welcome your new driver!!

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

you guys are being a little too vague. can you tell me what i have to remove and or where the screws are at?

i can pop the leather seat panel that is on the bum side off easily. is it below that even?

tom

Do you have a pleated rubber surrounding the base about a foot tall? On mine it had rubber pieces that snapped into the bottom plate. See if you can pop those off and lift the rubber up. The screws should be under that. They should be where the air hose goes into the base, follow that and see if you can feel or see the screws

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337