You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Engine Stop Switch does not work

Cleaned up the coach today from Spearfish and drive it out to where we store it. Turned off the key and pressed the engine stop switch and nothing happened. Not sure if this is now also related to my rear electrical issues with lights working and then not etc which everyone believes to be a loose ground. I had to go to the back of the coach and depress the engine stop button there to kill the engine.

Ideas or suggestions?

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

I think you are right Todd.....I think there is a bad ground in the rear of the coach, but without being able to be there I'm less than positive. I wish I had been able to dig into that when we were there, but then I had my loose bolt situation. There is something going on in the back of the coach for sure.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Speaking of loose bolts.....All is good?
Glad that issue was no issue!

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

Hi Matt.....yes, all is good....purring like a kitten....smooth and silky moving down the road.....:-)

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

In the few documents I have one is the fuse panel labels and the other two are the front and rear electrical terminal labels. I notice that the radios and kill switch are all on the same fuse. The fuse is ok so it must be something related to the ground. I tried yesterday to see if the wire was hot as we discussed doing for that back radio by finding a good ground Clarke but either it is not putting out power or I have a bad tester.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota