You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

slide seal air pressure regulator setting

i am looking for the air pressure regulator for my air seat. in doing so i happened to look at the regulators for the two slides.

does anyone know what is the correct air pressure they should be set at?

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Since Newell does not provide great documentation, I guess a call to Newell would be in order. For comparative purposes only mine is set at 21.5 psi

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

How do you know that Steve? Where is the gauge? Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Tom mine are set at 13psi. I think the lower the better as long as it does not leak. Had one set high before i ever looked at them and blew the seal 4000 dollars later i paid attention to the pressures. If you have a leak turn it up a little.

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

I would like to check mine, but where are they located?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

i have two. one is in a bay on the drivers side front and the other in the small bay on the passenger side next to the engine compartment. but....forrest can only find on and it is on the driver side

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

The birds are set at the lower pressures as well. 12 is roughly the avg, 15 is high. Some are running 10 or less in the newer design that David did.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

Chappell,
I only have one regulator and it is mounted high up on the front wall of basement compartment L-4.

Since pressures vary I'm interested in what Newell recommends.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve, I found it. It is in bay 4 like you said and is set at 20lbs. I am going to leave it as is. My seals have never been replaced according to John at Newell, so I'm leaving well enough alone until I hear better. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Mine shows 15 lbs.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica