You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Headhunter Mach 5 water pump
Question 

OK so I goofed. I posted this in the wrong place so maybe I got it right this time so here goes:

Howdy from Syd. Just learning how to navigate so it is a learning stage. I have not figured it all out yet. I am having a Headhunter water pump problem. The pump cycles on and off. I was told it was a air lock. OK. I opened the faucets at all points and ran the pump then shut off the faucets and the pump cuts off at about 60 lbs. Great I said. I fixed it. Sometime later while taking a shower no water. Dang I go outside and sure enough the pump has shut down. However, if I use the aux. pump it pumps UP and then cuts off. (lIKE IT SHOULD) So I am thinking I have a leak in the suction line. O Joy. That is hard to get to. So that is what I will check next. What had happened before I had this problem was the plastic fitting on top split and I had to order a new fitting. I got two. I replaced them which was a chore. Newell uses some pipe dope that is like lock tite. Hard as steel so I broke the other fitting trying to get it off. So I replaced both. I guess I will have to undue the inlet fitting and see if it was sucking air. ANY SUGGESTIONS GUYS?

My Headhunter did that, and their tech support told me to replace the pressure switch, and that solved the problem. It is located under the cover on top, held down with 4 screws.

Coach Name: Hakuna Matata, 2005 Coach 722 47' Quad Slide, DD Series 60, Allison 6 Speed, Featherlite Toy Hauler

Thanks John: Where did you purchase the switch?

Headhunter is located in Ft Lauderdale , Florida

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Be sure you drain the pump before replacing the pressure switch or you will ruin the pump

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

The circuit board on Headhunter pumps is on the top, near the piping so if you have a leak and it gets into their it will cause problems.
I find whenever I let my water tank get real low that the pump will do the cycling thing after I fill the tank.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I ordered it from Headhunter

Coach Name: Hakuna Matata, 2005 Coach 722 47' Quad Slide, DD Series 60, Allison 6 Speed, Featherlite Toy Hauler