You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

shower

Replaced o rings in shower handle fixture and now don't have hot water.Anyone had this problem.

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

You have hot water, you just can't get IT.
Linda, can you say Hotel?

Sounds like mixing valve in wrong location.

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

If you had hot water before the O-ring replacement and now don't, I would concentrate on the shower end. You probably know this, but you may have a shower that has a cartridge in it that essentially does the same thing as the mixing valve. Do you have cartridge? I dont think there is a way to put it in backwards, but I do remember that there is a specific Rotation angle that you mount it at. What type of shower valve do you have?

cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Its a crohe shower control. Could not find the correct o ring put one in a little bigger and i think some of the o ring got inside the valve. I do have a cartridge. The o ring I put in it was a little bigger than the one it suppose to have. Took it back out and put old one in. It was dripping after the water was off. Thats what started the whole thing

well put in a new valve works like a champ, only 220.00 from chucke boy

Did you see if Grohe would send you the part as part of the lifetime warranty?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

no I didn't, did not know

FYI,
All Grohe faucets after 1997 have a lifetime warranty. They have replaced every part I have needed except the kitchen faucet hose for free under warranty. They would have replaced it if it had been leaking.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Who do i call for warranty

Here is the web page that discusses the lifetime warranty and the telephone number I call.

http://www.grohe.com/us/5685/services-fo...arranties/

The warranty refers to original owner and a receipt, but I have never been asked either question.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531