You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

replacing ProSine 3000 with Magnum

Recently, subsequent to our fire, we found the ProSine 3000 assigned to the refrigerator leg was no longer inverting. It would pass AC and charge, but would not stay on longer than 10-15 seconds to invert from 12V.
After many conversations with repair facilities, they suggested I replace it. After conversations with Newell I was informed the Magnum MS2082 would use the same telephone plug wiring to the remote and temperature sensors. Let me tell you, at 60 lbs. it was a chore installing the new one. I ended up using the wall brackets from the ProSine, just re-locating them and extending the phone plug wires about 15" to reach around front of the inverter. I mounted it horizontally, facing out toward the driver side and it works like a charm. The remote is slightly wider and shorter than the ProSine so a little modification was necessary inside the coach, on the panel, but with a little work it looks like factory. One last note, Magnum cautions the inverter can reach temperatures of 194 degrees F and should not be mounted on a combustible surface. To combat that (basement walls are carpeted) I placed a light ga. piece of aluminum behind the unit covering the carpet area. I can now boondock again. Life is good.