You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Windshield wipers

For any one who collects part numbers like I do I replaced the entire wiper blade on my coach. It had Bosch wiper blades on it(not sure if original), but replaced with Anco as they are readily available. The wiper blade I used was a 31-24. They are available at Wal*Mart for under $5. In the future I can replace the refills with Anco part #11-24.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

The wiper arms on my '03 are kinda wonky and worn. The driver's blade tilts at about 15 degrees and the passenger side has missing plastic. Does anyone know how to obtain new replacement arms for a split windshield Newell? I talked to Newell and they said that they no longer have a source for the arms or the motors. (Not good).

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill
I found my parts at Fleetpride.com.
Just go to their online catalogue n have a look. I also got some stuff at Ryder

Jimmy

Steve,

Try these guys. They are manufactures and provided me two complete arms and mounts for the price of one at Foretravel.

http://www.amequipment.com/

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Thanks guys! How do I know what to get? It seems as if there are 50 different type of two arm wipers!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill,

In my case, AM Equipment ask me the brand of the coach (Foretravel) and the measurement between the shaft of the wiper arm and the post of the pantograph arm. From that info, I got exactly what I needed.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Guys,

After 8 emails, and 4 phone conversations and 1 pending email, I am not thinking that Amequipment.com is going to be able to help me. They keep saying that 29" arms could not be attached to 6mm bolts. But that is what I think I have. The arms look like they are double driven, yet only one drives when the wipers are turn on. The other one is simply an idler. Amequipment.com has sent me two orders, neither one came close to fitting the bolts.

So, has anyone successfully bought new arms for a 2000 vintage Newell?

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Don't know about the more recent models. The units used in the early 1990's models were made by Bosch and they were PRICEY! I purchased a pair in 2006 and paid about $800 for each wiper/motor assembly. The idler (second) bolt and fitting tend to corrode in damp weather and cause the arm to hang. Removing the unit and polishing the idler bolt and fitting does help.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Bill,
I have an 03 and just replaced my wipers. Rain X ProFit 26-1 all metal at Walmart for $18ea.They are a perfect fit. Finding the arms and motors are a little tough, but when I look for something like this I have been lucky with Prevost convertors and repair shops as many parts and equipment are the same on Newell as Prevost in the time period. I also think you would have luck with the motors and arms from a truck equipment supplier.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

I don’t need arms or blades all that I need is the cover that covers the bolt and shaft. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated or if have a used one I am happy to buy it. I think they blew mine off at the truck wash. Thanks Joe coach 469 1998

Joe Galowitch
1998 Newell
Coach 459 45 foot 1 slide